Pro-163 programing trunking problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardrockF350

Premium Subscriber
Hello, a friend asked me to program his 2) pro-163 scanners with the channels that have moved to the palmetto 800 (P25 system). I have the radio shack manual and it is not laid out in a good way to understand how to program the motorola P25 trunking. I believe I have it figured out. Here is my problem, when I enter the TGID's none will be saved as what I entered in. example, I enter 21641 then press ENT and it shows up as 21832, no matter what TGID I enter for my area it saves as a different TGID. what is going on?
Also, I have read about rebranding and this scanner needs to be updated. Is this true? I'm used to programming scanners and mobile radios with my laptop, so which software is the best for setting up these two scanners?

Thank you for your time and help.

Ron

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Hi there. Palmetto 800 is P25 Phase-II and the Pro-163 is an analog-only trunking scanner so it will not work to track this system. Your friend will need a P25 trunking scanner, see full list of compatible receivers here. Though the system is listed as Phase-II, the talkgroups are FDMA (mode "D") so as long as they stay that way, any scanner in the link I provided should work to bring in these talkgroups (with exception of those ID'ed as mode "DE" which are encrypted full time & cannot be monitored by any receiver)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.