PRO 164 Is it broken ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank50

Not new to scanners, but new to trunking. No problem programing (so far ) I have two questions.
ONE: It states in the instructions that the scanner will mute the control channel and if tuned to a active control channel on a Mototola system COTROL will appear on the display screen and will help identify the system.
TWO: The instructions also state that to search for a talk group ID, is to set the the bank to OPEN, press scan, and when the scanner stops on a transmission, press trunk and the scanner will disply the ID location.
After many attempts, this action does nothing. And the control channel is not muted which is very annoying. I also want to block the talk groups that are of no interest to me.
Is it my lack of knowledge with this radio or could it be a malfunction? Is there is a better way or are the instructions at fault?
FRANK50

frank50

Good Tip re:164

Thanks for the tip alabama. Got rid of the control channel problem.
No luck with the web site short cut. Most of the text was unreadable.
The more I fuss with the radio the better I get!
THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE AT BEST WEAK !
Thanks again guys.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I had no problems reading it, and I'm using IE at the moment. Did you expand so that the page was full-screen? 73 Mike

N8IAA

Thanks for the tip alabama. Got rid of the control channel problem.
No luck with the web site short cut. Most of the text was unreadable.
The more I fuss with the radio the better I get!
THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE AT BEST WEAK !
Thanks again guys.

If you are talking about the RS manual for the 164---BAH! Thank goodness I owned a 97 before buying my 163. Having Win97 makes the difference. Fuss more with the radio, it's the best way to learn and have fun;)
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.