pro 164 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

is there a way to set your scanner to monitor a channel while listening to other channels such as if i wanted to monitor 155.460 and listen to all the rest of my channels and somthing is keyed up on 155.490 it will switch to 155.4600 when its active ?????? im using win97 to program my scanner so if there is a way to do this i would need to know what to set on win 97 to get it to work thanks

n2mdk

The thing is if you set it to priority it will check the frequency every 2 seconds. That means if you listening to something else every 2 seconds that something is going to be interrupted.
Another thing is if your scanning Trunked systems the priority channel, which is a conventional frequency may not work correctly.

Last edited:

lugoffman

n2mdk said:
The thing is if you set it to priority it will check the frequency every 2 seconds. That means if you listening to something else every 2 seconds that something is going to be interrupted.
Another thing is if your scanning Trunked systems the priority channel, which is a conventional frequency may not work correctly.

well do you know how i can do it by using win 97 cause thats fine with me cause i just want to do this untill i get the pl tone for a frequency that has been handed down from south carolina sled to the D.O.C or do you know a better way of doing this

lugoffman

n2mdk said:
CT for CTCSS or DC for DCS
ok lol well i know nothing about this its new to me so bare with me the frequency is 155.46000 it was for south carolina sled chesterfield county but now its not and some one told me to give them the pl tone well i got it in my scanner as ct mode but its showing no pl tone i was just wanting to know how to get the pl tone the best way so maybe im not doing somthing right or mabe i just cant find it with the pro 164 any ways we was tring to find this out so we can have it changed in the data base

n2mdk

If the frequency becomes active meaning you get a voice transmission and the mode is set to CT if nothing shows up on the bottom line then there is no CTCSS try DC if still nothing then you can tell the person there is no form of code squelch being used. Both radios work exactly the same way makes no difference which one you use.

lugoffman

n2mdk said:
If the frequency becomes active meaning you get a voice transmission and the mode is set to CT if nothing shows up on the bottom line then there is no CTCSS try DC if still nothing then you can tell the person there is no form of code squelch being used. Both radios work exactly the same way makes no difference which one you use.
ok i thank you now im learning i just read what you posted and now everything is making since man i feel stupid lol!!! thanks man really

n2mdk

Hey it takes time, it will all come together. I've been involved in radio since I was about 10 years old, that was 43 years ago and I'm still learning.

lugoffman

n2mdk said:
Hey it takes time, it will all come together. I've been involved in radio since I was about 10 years old, that was 43 years ago and I'm still learning.

hahaha!! i learned somthing since ive been a member here you cant never stop learning when you learn somthing new somthing else pops up and you got to learn it this is why i love this hobby a lot of people just want frequencys to try to out run the law i have learned that here but me i want to here every thing and learn every thing i mean really its lots of fun some times its a pain but thats the whole point in it to learn so i want to thank you for everything and sticking with me i just got a little confused there a sec but it all worked out but the way i used the dc and the code for it is shot i forgot its posted on the sc forum wel thanks im going to add you to my buddy list well thanks !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.