Pro 197

Status
Not open for further replies.

jflanery1

I purchased and had programed a PRO 197 from Radio Shack. Having issues appears every thing is set to wildcards I'm unable to move around in this scanner to see what to do and the book seems Greek to me.

I have tried to program it. I was able to get the main freq. in it but unable and do not understand how to get the talk groups loaded does any one have a easy fix?

At this point it seems to be a big paper weight.

Frustrated

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
I purchased and had programed a PRO 197 from Radio Shack. Having issues appears every thing is set to wildcards I'm unable to move around in this scanner to see what to do and the book seems Greek to me.

I have tried to program it. I was able to get the main freq. in it but unable and do not understand how to get the talk groups loaded does any one have a easy fix?

At this point it seems to be a big paper weight.

Frustrated

Easy fix- Win500 software and USB cable. This scanner pretty much demands software to understand it.

N8IAA

My vote is for Win500. The software does make it easier to understand the scanner. Been using Don Starr's software since having a Pro92 and Pro95. The next best thing after the software is a premium subscription to radio reference. No thinking involved, just click to import frequencies from the database here:)

Larry

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
It would help to know which county you live in (Marion/Morgan) to start and what system you are trying to program!

Status
Not open for further replies.