Pro-2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng64

I have a Radio Shack Pro-2006 that has a bad power supply, are there replacements still avaliable thru Radio Shack or any other sources ?

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Pro-2006 Power Supply

I've noticed that recently there have been several Pro-2006's on Ebay for sale. You probably could buy one off of Ebay cheaper than you could get yours fixed. Good luck! :)
Barry

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I have a Suggestion!

I have a Pro-2006. That happened to me. What I suggest to you is simple. Remove the transformer completely.If it is only a bad transformer and nothing else, run it on an external 12V/500mA wall wart. Not only will this cut down significantly the heat that exists inside the radio but it makes it lighter and easier to plug /unplug/ move around ect... Just so you know, any 12 V power source will work as long as you have the right polarity and barrel plug. Believe it or not, the same plug that operates the Uniden,785,BCT15,996 will work on it. Good Luck!

Manny

Last edited:

eng64

scanernutt, I have a power supply that is 12v/500Ma, so I tried it and it works !
Thanks for the info
Nick

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
My Pleasure Nick!

Glad I could help. Just do yourself a favor, remove the bad internal one. You never know if there is a wire loose or burned or something. Either way, you get rid of excess weight.

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.