Pro-2026

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
I was tidying up the basement and came across this scanner. It has a model number of 20-148. I used to have it in my old truck, just wondering if anyone knows of a way I can convert this to run in the house? I did some searching but couldn't find an answer.

KJ6HCB

All you need is the correct 120volt to dc power supply. Its probably 9 or 12v DC at around 500 or 600ma... find the label on the bottom of the scanner and check, then see if you have any spare power adapters and match one up - otherwise head down to Radio Shack with scanner in tow and they can hook you up.

jfhtm350

By looking at this webpage from RS:
PRO-2026 100-Channel Mobile Scanner 200-0148 Specifications
It needs 12 volts DC and maximum amperage is 0.42 amps or 420 milliamps.

So you will need a 12volt AC to DC adapter with a minimum of 420 milliamp rating such as this one:
Enercell 12V/500mA AC Adapter : AC Adapters | RadioShack.com
That one is probably cutting it a little too close, or you could use this one to make sure you have the amperage to drive the scanner:
Enercell 12V/1500mA AC Adapter : AC Adapters | RadioShack.com

It sounds like there is just black and red wires coming out of the back of the scanner with no plug. If that is so, then you will have to cut the plug off of the adapter and hardwire it to the scanner. You will need a digital voltmeter to check the wires from the converter to see which one is positive and which is negative and match them up to the ones coming from the scanner. If you get the wires crossed it is liable to burn up your scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.