Pro-2096 and Pro106

Status
Not open for further replies.

kshaddrick

Premium Subscriber
I have a Pro-2096 and a Pro-106. The Pro-2096 stays at home, and the Pro-106 goes with me. I theoretically have them programmed the same. I imported the same sites and talkgroups from RadioReference using ARC500 and ARC96 respectively. I've read through the various trunking explanations and thought I understood it, but obviously I do not.

I don't understand why they receive different things. Most of the time they receive the same communications. Every once in a while, one will receive something the other does not. At the moment, they are receiving the same communications, but the frequency displayed on each unit is different.

Can anyone offer some guidance?

Thanks.

w3wor

I have noticed the same thing. I have the same radios and same config as you and have them in the same room and all on external antennas. Even listening to my town's trunked system I get different results and I can get their signal without an antenna on the back of my radio. I have the mobile version and base model of basically same radio too.

bkantor

Isn't the 2096 the mobile version of the Pro-96, not the Pro-106 (which has the Pro-197 as the mobile version). Could that account for the differences?

Status
Not open for further replies.