PRO-26 comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankJ

How does the PRO-26 (25-1300 Mhz version) compare to other handheld scanners like the older PRO-43 or newer PRO-97 for milair monitoring? How about compared to others like Yupiteru, Uniden, AOR?

Frank

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The PRO-26 Wiki has a link to a review Rich Wells did on this handheld, comparing it against a BC3000 and PRO43. His biggest gripe was that the audio is a bit muffled and weak when compared against these. The EHam comments didn't really compare the scanner to anything else.

I haven't seen any other online reviews of this handheld, tho. 73s Mike

FrankJ

I have the the PRO-43 also and found the PRO-26's audio to be much better than the PRO-43's. I'm more interested in a comparison on sensitivity, selectivity, intermod rejection, and dynamic range...

Frank

James

I don't have anything scientific to offer, just some hands on experience with the Pro 26 versus a Yupiteru MVT9000, and Pro 96 (extended freqs enabled via win96)
I live in Columbia SC and there is a lot of mil air activity in the area (SHAW AFB, McEntire)
I sold the 26 a couple years ago, it was a nice radio. It was a little deaf in some of the bands compared with the Yupi. but acceptable. I believe the 96 is a good bit better than the 26. Little difference between it and Yupi.
Starrsoft.com has the freq. sensitivity results for the extended freqs .

I have had alot of radios over the years, and for my practical needs these two, Yupiteru and Pro96 (lot of Dig. trunking here) do about everything I care for.The 500 channels are also a big plus. I have a vfolder for Mil Air only......its full
Jim

Nasby

The PRO-26 has good sensitivity and lots of coverage. However, the audio is absolutely the worst I have ever heard in any handheld scanner. You will need an earpiece with the PRO-26 if there is any type of noise around you. There are many better scanners out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.