pro 528

Status
Not open for further replies.

christischer

im new to scanners and i cant figure out how to prog talkgroup ids in my pro 528 can anyone please help me

bezking

I recommend signing up as as premium subscriber and using ARC-433 to automatically import the desired systems into the scanner. TG programming is very hard, and the software and subscription helps immensely.

christischer

i dont have any softwere im need to know how to do it manu i can get to the point of putting the id in but it will not save it

Bucko

Press program then trunk, choose the bank you want by the pushing the bank number. Then choose the correct trunk mode with the arrows hit enter. Next toggle your up down arrows to choose Prog F to program your freqs or toggle to Prog id to enter the TG ID's. Push enter then proceed entering your ID's, when done push scan. To toggle from ID scan or ID search push trunk while it is scanning.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Programming this radio by hand is a *****. I recommend the purchase of the following program: www.scancat.com/scancat-lite
It's only $29.95 and it will make your monitoring experience much more pleasurable.

Another feature I really like in the 528 is the Signal Stalker logging mode. As the Signal Stalker hits on nearby frequencies it will log those frequencies into channel positions 1001 thru 1010. Very handy to go back and review if you miss a hit.

Mark

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Much better is ARC433; it has the RR database import for paid subscribers, while Scanxxxx uses data which is very out of date (certainly is for Maryland).

You can get that via Scanner Master 73 Mike

lugoffman

ka3jjz said:
Much better is ARC433; it has the RR database import for paid subscribers, while Scanxxxx uses data which is very out of date (certainly is for Maryland).

You can get that via Scanner Master 73 Mike
Hey you got a link for this software?

screenersam

I hate motrbro
I've just spent 2 hours trying to get the arc433 to correctly enter my trunked freqs, and no matter what I do I get buzz saws. I went into the setup screen and indicated trunk type, id, etc, but no matter the settings they don't work. I'm real, real unhappy. the Win 97 I got for the Pro-97 works perfectly.
am I missing something???

and another gripe; doesn't the 433 program save the channels? I specifically 'saved' twice and each time when I go back in it's zeroed out.

Last edited:

lugoffman

I've just spent 2 hours trying to get the arc433 to correctly enter my trunked freqs, and no matter what I do I get buzz saws. I went into the setup screen and indicated trunk type, id, etc, but no matter the settings they don't work. I'm real, real unhappy. the Win 97 I got for the Pro-97 works perfectly.
am I missing something???

and another gripe; doesn't the 433 program save the channels? I specifically 'saved' twice and each time when I go back in it's zeroed out.

It should save them in your documents click on open in the software and it should say browse click on that and then look for it in your documents if its not there look in your recent documents.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
It should save them in your documents click on open in the software and it should say browse click on that and then look for it in your documents if its not there look in your recent documents.

I 'saved' it in Documents, but it won't open.

I got the Motorola Type II to work but not the Edacs.

thanks for the response--I'll review my save process and make sure it matches yours.

last update of the night; I 'saved' it, and I 'saved' it as a document; it comes up listed, I can open it with the arc program, but it always opens empty.
I'm going to bed :-(

Last edited:

Bucko

I use LTR and EDACS with ARC433 and save in my documents with no problems here. I open my saved rsm file with ARC433 itself. It sounds like you don't have trunking mode on if you get the EDACS buzz sound. By default ARC433 does not save your rsm file in your documents, I believe it goes to my scanner files folder so you need to direct it to your document folder.

lugoffman

I use LTR and EDACS with ARC433 and save in my documents with no problems here. I open my saved rsm file with ARC433 itself. It sounds like you don't have trunking mode on if you get the EDACS buzz sound. By default ARC433 does not save your rsm file in your documents, I believe it goes to my scanner files folder so you need to direct it to your document folder.

Your right I was thinking about win97 sorry

n2mdk

I 'saved' it in Documents, but it won't open.

I got the Motorola Type II to work but not the Edacs.

thanks for the response--I'll review my save process and make sure it matches yours.

last update of the night; I 'saved' it, and I 'saved' it as a document; it comes up listed, I can open it with the arc program, but it always opens empty.
I'm going to bed :-(

With the ARC programs you have to tell the program to open the last used file at startup.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
AHA!!!
system lists trunk options; I wasn't scrolling down to 'edacs sctd'.
and when ARC opens, I need to hit the 'file' icon which gives me the 'open' prompt which gives me...the saved file.
a couple days of field testing and it'll be ready for the uncle for Father's day.

sweet! thanks for the help, n2mdk and others.

Bucko

Not to step on any toes but it is not that complicated. You don't have to tell ARC anything to open a file, just click on the file folder icon top left corner and scroll to the proper saved location of your rsm file and double click.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
Not to step on any toes but it is not that complicated. You don't have to tell ARC anything to open a file, just click on the file folder icon top left corner and scroll to the proper saved location of your rsm file and double click.

right. I never had to do that on Win 97 and i wasn't clicking on the file folder icon.

so far it seems the 528 is very, very different from the 97.

Status
Not open for further replies.