Pro 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTENNAHOUSE

Can anyone give me some ides how to program Chicago PD into this uint as well as Naperville Il ?

Thanks
Paul

LonnCrear

To get the frequencies that you want go to RadioReference database. There you can get the ones that you want. I do that myself!!!
Lonn

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I think I see what you're trying to do AntennaHouse. Correct me if I'm wrong:

Since CPD has a huge Moto network obviously all the TGIDs won't fit into the allotted slots. You could plug the control freqs into more than one bank and like TGIDs into that bank. For example, skipping the first alotted channel in each bank (a pro-95 rule for the EDACS systems), plug in the control freqs in order for banks 1-5. Then choose certain talkgroups to fit into those channels based on what you would like to listen to.

On rough count it looks like all the CPD talkgroups would fit into 2 banks. I would plug all the control freqs on banks 1&2, then 1/2 the TGIDs on bank1 and the other 1/2 on bank 2. This shouldn't cause a problem with your Pro-95. It should treat them as two sperate systems (but since we humans now that the control freqs are identical on both banks it would always be monitoring CPD.

** The only problem with this is that since some TGIDs won't be in a bank- if an id shows up from the other bank,it will "appear" as a new one on that bank (with the characteristic pro-95 chime of a new TGID).** -don't see any way around this.

As for Naperville, IL, just plug those into a seperate bank as CPD- all will work in one bank- you wouldn't be able to get the traveler's assistance AM though (you could fill that bank with all the other conventional DuPage Cty. freqs though).

Hope this helps- welcome to the forum.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Ps

If you don't have Ken Starr's Win95 program to help upload your freqs- I suggest it- will save a TON of time with the Pro-95. There are links at the bottom of RRs Pro-95 Wiki page here:

http://www.starrsoft.com/freeware/Win95/default.asp

Sorry that isn't a hyperlink. You'll also need the two-way cloning cable. But definitely worth the ease of programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.