Pro-96/2096 Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
FYI, the Pro-96 and Pro-2096 went on clearance this morning to the price of $469.99.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Why do you find the word "Clearance" interesting? The Pro-106 will be on the shelves in less than three months. If someone is looking for these two scanners, they should keep an eye out, for the price will only keep getting lower. =)

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
But they are! I put the Clearance tags on them this morning. The lack of 700Mhz trunking is the main reason for it going away.

hoser147

I could see that, It will be interesting to see how low they end up going. Last I read they really werent saying if they could be rebanded, that was the big question............

WaveRunner

I think they should just auction them off, they might get rid of more.=) Dont't get me wrong the 96 served its purpose.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Erik,
Whats the scoop on the Pro-106? I haven't heard anything about it. Do you have a link to some specs?

DonS

I could see that, It will be interesting to see how low they end up going. Last I read they really werent saying if they could be rebanded, that was the big question............

The PRO-96 can handle "rebanded" 800 MHz Motorola systems. See this thread.

However, it's not really surprising that they're "on clearance" now. They haven't been manufactured for quite some time, and RS has the PRO-106 on the way.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
It was 5 years ago this month that the first production release PRO-96's shipped. I have one of them.

It has done well in the product longevity department.

jleverin

Figures, I've been waiting for over a year for the darned things to go on sale when I could afford them. I just decided to buy a used one on ebay the other day because every time I looked, no change in price in the digital stuff.....sigh, I really wanted to buy the digital new but oh well, hopefully this one will work as well as the Pro 97 I bought used.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Thanks Erik.
With Pueblos next couple of towers slated to be 700mhz only, I'm going to need something new. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.