PRO 96 HELP/ lake County Ohio Trunking issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAYSDZ

I live in Lake County Ohio. The locals use a Motorola Apco 25. I recently pulled my Pro 96 scanner out of the closet to monitor the public safety trunking system and it was dead. I see no changes listed on this site in way of the frequencies to load or group ID for Mentor police and fire.
WHAT GIVES ?
I called two of my local R/S stores and seems they are clueless if the question does not pertain to a phone sale. SAD
I purchased this scanner back several years ago and use it from time to time. Whatever changed has changed recently.
I can step through the frequencies manually and hear calls. What I DO Not hear is the control channels.

Maybe it is time to upgrade. My son prefers a desk top model and I am open to suggestions as well, but would be nice to know what the heck is going on.

THANKS Much

Ray WB8VDS

RAYSDZ

PRO 96 help

Appears I am able to receive when running scanner in the OPEN mode. What I do note is the ID numbers are not as listed. Appears the Talk ID assigned have now changed.
Does anyone have an updated list of Group ID's for Lake County ?

Nasby

All of Lake County has switched to the MARCS IP System which utilizes 700mhz trunking. Unfortunately, the PRO-96 can't track this system.
The info for Lake County is listed in the database which is a tab at the top of the Radioreference page.
As for upgrading, if you want to hear Lake County, you will have to get a newer model scanner.
There are lots of new scanners on the market, or about to hit the market from Uniden and Whistler.

RAYSDZ

I am still finding the public safety groups on the 800 mhz band, but the GROUP ID's have been changed.
An updated list of the Group ID numbersw are needed is all.
The updated frequencies found on this site and setting the scanner to the OPEN mode did the trick. Now comes the time to determine who is who.

Anyone with a revised group list for the Lake system would be appreciated. The updated list of ID's could then be verified and used on this site.

THANKS

Nasby

OOPS.
My bad Ray.

I was thinking of the Cuyahoga Co. System on 700mhz. (had my counties mixed up).

Glad you got your PRO-96 up and running!!

SCPD

QRT
All of Lake County has switched to the MARCS IP System which utilizes 700mhz trunking. Unfortunately, the PRO-96 can't track this system.
The info for Lake County is listed in the database which is a tab at the top of the Radioreference page.
As for upgrading, if you want to hear Lake County, you will have to get a newer model scanner.
There are lots of new scanners on the market, or about to hit the market from Uniden and Whistler.

I am still finding the public safety groups on the 800 mhz band, but the GROUP ID's have been changed.
An updated list of the Group ID numbersw are needed is all.
The updated frequencies found on this site and setting the scanner to the OPEN mode did the trick. Now comes the time to determine who is who.

Anyone with a revised group list for the Lake system would be appreciated. The updated list of ID's could then be verified and used on this site.

THANKS

Well not exactly. The Lake County sites are still 800. Unfortunately I'm too far south to receive Lake Co. directly but I get lots of Lake Co. hits affiliated off Cuyahoga and Geauga county sites. AFAIK the TGs are correct from what I'm receiving.

RAYSDZ

Thanks for the comments.
However, the Motorola ID numbers I am seeing when running in the open mode are starting with 275xx and 276xx. I can find no list of these new ID numbers.
Glad to see the scanner is working.
Mentor PD seems to have ID # 27504 assigned, but need the additional ID's for PD and FIRE.

Need a base unit. Need recommendations.

Find this 96 audio gets a bit choppy at tiumes

Thanks Much

Ray

Swipesy

Ray, all of the Lake County Talkgroups are listed in the RadioReference Database tab. Click on Ohio on the map, then Lake County on the map and scroll down to the bottom and click on MARCS-IP link. Then scroll down to Lake County and they are all there. The latest base scanner is the Uniden BCD536HP - $600.00. If you can find a used GRE PSR600 that will work. Uniden 996XT -$500 the previous Uniden will work. Those are all base units. Radio Shack had some GRE models too. Suppossedly in March, Whistler will reissue some of the GRE models if you want to wait.

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
Ray
I have a Pro 2096 in my truck with Lake county programed in. We could meet up sometime and I could reprogram your scanner with my copy, if you like the way I have it set up from my laptop. Takes less than 10 min.
I live in Willoughby.

RAYSDZ

THANKS GUYS. I need to do better site research. I see the full list of Group ID's.

Appreciate the recommendations on the best desk top scanner available. In my case the best performance and ease of programming. :)

THANKS again

Ray

RAYSDZ

GUYS Thanks much for the assistance.

HAM operator here WB8VDS and into restoring old radio gear. Old SWL/ Ham radio receivers, boat anchors.

I was digging through my old euipment and parts and came across my PRO 96 and figured I would fire it up.

NEED to upgrade to a better unit ( desk top model ) and need a better antenna. Open to suggestions.

THANKS again.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.