PRO-96: METAL BELT CLIPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
ANYONE KNOW OF A SOURCE FOR METAL BELT CLIPS THAT WILL FIT THE PRO-96 (PRO-95, ET AL)? I WOULD MUCH PREFER A BLACK METAL CLIP TO THE PLASTIC ONES THEY COME WITH.

jfdurham2000

:p I have not found a metal belt clip for the Pro-96.
You might try a Police supply store and buy a leather or nylon radio case. This will also help protect your radio.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
KT4HX said:
ANYONE KNOW OF A SOURCE FOR METAL BELT CLIPS THAT WILL FIT THE PRO-96 (PRO-95, ET AL)? I WOULD MUCH PREFER A BLACK METAL CLIP TO THE PLASTIC ONES THEY COME WITH.
Just a thought, how about the Icom metal clips from ham HT's. I know the W32A clip won't fit (just tried it, almost but no cigar) but maybe one of the others. It stands to reason that either one of the Icom's or some other mfg. used the same size clip holes/spacing. A few people with the differnet ones might do some comparing and posting here. I will also add that the old RS HTX-202 or 404 do not match either. (Just remembered one packed in a box and looked.) :?

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
loumaag said:
KT4HX said:
Just a thought, how about the Icom metal clips from ham HT's. I know the W32A clip won't fit (just tried it, almost but no cigar) but maybe one of the others. It stands to reason that either one of the Icom's or some other mfg. used the same size clip holes/spacing. A few people with the differnet ones might do some comparing and posting here. I will also add that the old RS HTX-202 or 404 do not match either. (Just remembered one packed in a box and looked.) :?

Actually he *might* be able to get by with a metal clip by some other maker *if* he doesn't mind `modifying' the clip slightly. {GRIN!} I found that the metal clip that came on the RS model TRC-232 CB HT, I seem to recall but can dig out the service manual later if needs be, fits the PRO-92, PRO-94, and the PRO-96 with only a slight bit of `dremel work' to the holes. The screws that came with the original plastic belt clips on those worked, too. Though *I* went a bit `belt-n-suspenders' with mine and added a `split' type lockwasher just to be on the `safe side'. For my PRO-34 and PRO-43 I used some AOR AR-1000 / 1500 metal belt clips and didn't have to make any `mods'. But, since I've discovered the RS TRC-232 CB HT ones actually fit my belt a lot better I suspect that I'll eventually replace the AOR ones with those. (I *might* be `tempted' to `give up', for a few [ 2 - 3] $, the AOR ones if I can still get the RS ones! {VB GRIN!})

Status
Not open for further replies.