PRO-96 Problems

fonestar

Hello,

I've had my Pro-96 for about 8 years now and besides having to replace the squelch VR it's worked very well.

I recently got the programming cable and upgraded its firmware to version 1.4 (it used to be 1.2).

Now it seems that I cannot program using 2.5 or 12.5khz steps?

I've tried manually and using the software and it does not work.

fonestar

I got the step size figured out but for whatever reason the radio will not scan through all of its banks. It gets "caught up" on certain frequencies and won't scan past them even with the squelch fully closed. I'm using ARC96 and when I look at the channels where it's stopping I don't see anything different about them.

fonestar

I am mostly interested in EMO/EMS and Public Works P25 because they are the only ones left non-encrypted. I have some Military frequencies too but they are pretty old and may no longer be in use. For whatever reason, the Pro-96 is getting hung up on certain channels and won't scan past them.

wtp

probably birdies.
they are internally generated signals and the radio puts out a dead mic sound.
if you want a list go to page 97

if you want to make your own list...
turn the squelch to minimum (just above white noise)
set up a search from 25 to 1300
TAKE THE ANTENNA OFF.
search.
the only things you will receive are birdies and VERY close transmitters.

fonestar

Yeah, it's not birdies. Took the antenna off and squelch closed and it still gets caught up. Locked Out frequency 162.750 which is not a birdie and it scanned past the bank. So I removed that frequency from the ARC96 program and uploaded it again. The radio now scans through the bank. Then I manually programmed 162.750 back to where it was and it scans through the bank successfully. Something is buggy with that program.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I recall having the same issues on the marine frequencies. Turned on marine with all the proper frequencies and it would lock on marine and wouldn't scan.
Try removing a bunch of frequencies in the bank that has the issue, send to the radio, if it scans then you know the bunch you removed is an issue. Then from there start re-adding some and then you can nail down what one(s) is/are the issue.
Of course if it still locks up, delete another bunch till it starts scanning normally.

These two marine frequencies I found and I added .025 then it would scan.
Official Changed
156.050 156.0525
156.175 156.1725

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I've had my Pro-96 for about 8 years now and besides having to replace the squelch VR it's worked very well.

I recently got the programming cable and upgraded its firmware to version 1.4 (it used to be 1.2).

Now it seems that I cannot program using 2.5 or 12.5khz steps?

I've tried manually and using the software and it does not work.
fonestar, Do you happen to have the DSP App 1.4 you could send me? I have been looking for it to upgrade and can't find it?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
No it can't be a birdie... read my last part. When I manually programmed the frequency in the scanner scans past it perfectly fine.
In ARC96 do you have 162.750 set for the proper mode, P25, FM, etc. Have you found thats the only one that is the issue?

fonestar

Thanks for that Ronald. So I should downgrade back to 1.2? I've noticed that whenever I download/upload using ARC96 I need to manually re-program banks that have 2.5kHz increments, because they become 5kHz steps on the radio side.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Well what I recall between the two personally was more P25 noise on transmissions on 1.4 a few times more per hour vs. 1.2
I recall reading on here years ago, 1.3 was made to help reception of Wayne county - Detroit simulcast, then 1.4 was made to fix 1.3.

Im sure doing a search on the forums here will glean maybe other items, but I recall those above for sure.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody have a Win96/2096 file programing that they can send me, I know it won't be the same TG's or CC's but I need to find out if mine is set correctly. PM me and let me know? I been working on it for weeks. Thank you

Swipesy

Does anybody have a Win96/2096 file programing that they can send me, I know it won't be the same TG's or CC's but I need to find out if mine is set correctly. PM me and let me know? I been working on it for weeks. Thank you
This file will show you P25 Trunked for different systems, Conventional files. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Win96 File.ZIP
    14.8 KB · Views: 6

tvengr

Well Known Member
I am mostly interested in EMO/EMS and Public Works P25 because they are the only ones left non-encrypted. I have some Military frequencies too but they are pretty old and may no longer be in use. For whatever reason, the Pro-96 is getting hung up on certain channels and won't scan past them.
Can you provide a link to what you want to monitor? I am having a difficult time finding much in the Yukon.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
C:\users\owner\desktop\NewPro\2096\Don's 3-7-23. p96

tvengr, I hope you can get this link. It will be bank 4 & 5 Greeley/Weld County Colorado CC 853.3125 it's on the FRCC System. If anyone see this and can you please fix in case it a error on my part. I have DSP 1.4 on my RS scanners I hit them good on Pro-96 & Pro-106/197, the only trouble I have is the 2096.