Pro 96 Question AM/FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

swat

((((((AM/FM mode so you can tune your favorite radio stations, too)))))))) This is from the RadioShack web page

MY question is how do you get your favorite radio station if someone can help that would be great... and by the way the radio stations here in sacramento are 102.5 103.5 98.5 106.5 and much more please help

seamusg

swat said:
((((((AM/FM mode so you can tune your favorite radio stations, too)))))))) This is from the RadioShack web page

MY question is how do you get your favorite radio station if someone can help that would be great... and by the way the radio stations here in sacramento are 102.5 103.5 98.5 106.5 and much more please help
Scanners are not designed to receive FM STEREO. If that'a all you want sell the scanners and get a cheap FM radio.

swat

Well THANK YOU for the advice. it was just a Question.

I was just going off of the radio shack site I guess they are wrong

Last edited:

c0wb0yup

swat said:

I looked at the website after your post. I also found out that the PRO 2054 has "AM/FM mode for listening to your favorite stations" as well. This is listed in NEAT STUFF under the FEATURES section of the 2054. It also lists the "Frequency coverage: 28-54, 108-136.9916, 137-174, 406-512, 800-960MHz (except for cellular)" under the same exciting points. I am taking a wild guess that since normal AM FM stations are not in the coverage zone for this scanner, you need the additional equipment, the [insert cheap am/fm model number] radio to pull in your favorite stations. Equipment sold separately, I might add, along with the RS batteries.

If you look a little harder, you will notice that the PRO 2096 has a "Function key to access special modes and programming options". This is also listed in the NEAT STUFF section under FEATURES for the 2096. Just think of what scanning could be like if all scanners had this cool function key! If RS doesn't watch out, every other scanner manufacturer out there will be copying their idea of a "function key".

Tony

c0wb0yup

seamusg said:
Scanners are not designed to receive FM STEREO. If that'a all you want sell the scanners and get a cheap FM radio.

I must have a bum scanner then, my 785 will pick up radio(88-108), and TV audio as well. It comes in handy if you are trying to hear the news on your way home from work. The FM radio(88-108) isn't listened to very much at all, but it is also nice to have if you have replaced your truck FM radio(88-108) with the scanner like I did. Maybe I should send my 785 off for repair, since they aren't designed to receive FM radio(88-108), just in case this 'abnormality' is an indicator of any future problems my 785 will have

Tony

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
The Pro96 does not receive AM/FM broadcast stations, so either you grabbed the wrong page or RS's site is in error.

c0wb0yup

rdale said:
The Pro96 does not receive AM/FM broadcast stations, so either you grabbed the wrong page or RS's site is in error.

Yes, I believe that's the point. The RS site is in error, and I was just trying to add a little humor to someone's day. Thank you for pointing that out

Tony

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I had a pro96 and in the software you can open the FM mode up butt you can not hear the FM at all since it doesn't support WFM. I have 2 scanners picks up FM alinco and 396T. I didn't understand on the R/S 96 has 88.5-108 cannot pick up the signal?? I was not happy on that also opens the 700mhz it will not turnk track the 700 that is piss pour also.

drouse3

What about am radio

Just putting another log on the fire. My Uniden BC370CRS works just fine on radio and it is a alarm clock.

MacombMonitor

bravo14 said:
I had a pro96 and in the software you can open the FM mode up butt you can not hear the FM at all since it doesn't support WFM. I have 2 scanners picks up FM alinco and 396T. I didn't understand on the R/S 96 has 88.5-108 cannot pick up the signal?? I was not happy on that also opens the 700mhz it will not turnk track the 700 that is piss pour also.

The PRO-96 was not designed to receive the FM broadcast band, or the new 700 MHz band. The fact that WIN96 can expand the range of frequencies that you can program, is more for experimentation, and not a guarantee that it will perform well in ever range. It does allow the PRO-96/PRO-2096 to do a respectable job of receiving the MilAir band, and I think that was the original intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.