Pro 97 scanner problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireslayer123

This is the third time that this has happened. Twice it began working after a few days, and the third time I had to re program it. This time, re programming hasn't helped.

I have most of my channels set up with 800 frequencies, and two channels are with VHF.

I have lost my ability to hear the 800 frequencies. The VHF are still working fine.

Has anyone else had an issue like this, and what did you do to help?

I don't know if my scanner finally died or not. I hate to buy a new one and find out that there is a simple fix.

Looking at the channels, they are NOT locked out. I have lo- on all freq's

There are - signs under the channel numbers not a +

N1BHH

The reason for the "-" is because the trunk systems are set to closed, not open. It appears you need to open those systems, unless you have chosen only a certain number of talk groups and then chose to close it. You will only hear the talk groups that you want to.

Your not hearing 800? Have you another radio to confirm this? Can you hear the control channel? This radio is capable of control channel only monitoring, so once you have it set up for the control channel and the mode set to M, assuming you are trying to hear a Motorola analog system, it will stop on the system when a signal come in on a talk group. You will not hear anything if the system you are trying to hear is digital, for that you need a digital capable scanner.

By the way, read the manual a little more carefully, you will find it is readable. I don't get why people say they don't understand it. I read mine before operating it and understood it right away. Read this, it will help you out, too: Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual

fireslayer123

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow... that was helpful.

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK,,, I lied. It wasn't helpful.

I took a look at the link that FMON sent, and all of my numbers are the same. What kind of changes should I be looking for when a system is rebanded? And how do I get the new channel numbers (LCN) ?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK,,, I lied. It wasn't helpful.

I took a look at the link that FMON sent, and all of my numbers are the same. What kind of changes should I be looking for when a system is rebanded? And how do I get the new channel numbers (LCN) ?
For example site 005:
The little number beside each frequency is the order which the scanner must be programmed (LCN). Red and blue are controls but EDACS systems require all frequencies to be programmed in all scanners. Thus, start with little number 01, place that frequency in channel 1 of the selected bank then fallow with 02 frequency through 15 frequency.

Each site frequency set must be in individual banks in that sites LCN order. E.g. Site 006 LCN starts with channel 05 of the selected bank ending with channel 9.

Edit: removed pasted frequencies.

Last edited:

fireslayer123

For example site 005:
The little number beside each frequency is the order which the scanner must be programmed (LCN). Red and blue are controls but EDACS systems require all frequencies to be programmed in all scanners. Thus, start with little number 01, place that frequency in channel 1 of the selected bank then fallow with 02 frequency through 15 frequency.

Each site frequency set must be in individual banks in that sites LCN order. E.g. Site 006 LCN starts with channel 05 of the selected bank ending with channel 9.

Edit: removed pasted frequencies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK,,, if I understand you a little better, you are saying that the frequency numbers MUST be in order.
I found a site a year ago that told me that the information should be (I'm in Reno. These are my frequencies)
1= 866.2750
2=866.5750
etc.....
So, I have all of the frequencies in the correct order, and everything was working perfectly, then the system gets "REBANDED" and the order changes? Is that what you are telling me?

I pulled up the link that you added a few post back, and I am finding the "talkgroup" information. example...
For Reno Fire
Red= AFS 03-021
Orange= AFS 03-022
BUT,,, I didn't find the Frequency numbers (866.2750). I am hoping that I am using the correct terminology. Things have changed from the old UHF__VHF days, and my head is spinning.

N1BHH

To be more accurate, if an LCN order is 01, 02, 03, etc., the frequencies need to go into channel 01, 02, 03 of the bank. You must follow that accurately or you won't hear anything properly.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK,,, if I understand you a little better, you are saying that the frequency numbers MUST be in order.
I found a site a year ago that told me that the information should be (I'm in Reno. These are my frequencies)
1= 866.2750
2=866.5750
etc.....
So, I have all of the frequencies in the correct order, and everything was working perfectly, then the system gets "REBANDED" and the order changes? Is that what you are telling me?

I pulled up the link that you added a few post back, and I am finding the "talkgroup" information. example...
For Reno Fire
Red= AFS 03-021
Orange= AFS 03-022
BUT,,, I didn't find the Frequency numbers (866.2750). I am hoping that I am using the correct terminology. Things have changed from the old UHF__VHF days, and my head is spinning.
The order did not change, just the frequencies themselves, so for #1, it is now 851.27500 instead of 866.2675 and so on. Then you need you need to make sure the bank is open by pressing the black "F" button then the period ".".

Status
Not open for further replies.