Pro-97

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIRECOM31

Premium Subscriber
RS Pro-97 Has anyone had a problem were as when you unplug the scanner from an AC or DC power source. It dumps the memory and the scanner has to be reprogram. It does not matter if the scanner is on or off when the plug is removed from the scanner first or from the power source first . The power adapter is the proper RS listed power cords for AC & DC use. Thanks for the help . Have a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-97 woes

Yes this has happened to me ONE time in all the years. I run a lot of PRO-9x scanners (and the PSR-300) and am moving one or two daily from "base" to mobile operation and back. I was shocked the day this happened. It was a mere inconvenience to plug in to a PC and download my profile.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I've never had that problem with my Pro-97, but I'll remember to turn it off and avoid the chance.
Side note: I always have charged batteries in my radio. Perhaps that's the difference?

dosboot

I have had this happen to me maybe thee times in the five years I have had the the 97.
Seems like it when I unplug the unit you can short the connector if not careful, the result is it resets the radio.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
be sure to turn the scanner OFF first.

Yes this has happened to me ONE time in all the years. I run a lot of PRO-9x scanners (and the PSR-300) and am moving one or two daily from "base" to mobile operation and back. I was shocked the day this happened. It was a mere inconvenience to plug in to a PC and download my profile.

Never happened on my Uniden...

Status
Not open for further replies.