pro-97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougr

I have got a pro 97 so far so good. The only thing I can’t seem to figure out is to program the off set I like to listen to 2 meter but most repeaters here have an input and an out put. Any help from any of you would be great thanks

RayK

Don't understand your question ??Why an offset ?? Just program the output of the 2 meter
repeaters you wish to listen to. It's that simple.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
I take it when you said offset, you meant output? Offsets are only used in cetain trunking systems. ;)

Dougr

I should just think a little. I have been looking to get my ham licenses and been studying the book and programming a ham radio you need to make sure you have the input to transmit and the output to receive, but with the scanner I just need the output because I am only receiving. Like I said I should just think a little. I do think you guys for not making me feel like a dump a-- .

nexus

IGNORE THE INPUT FREQUENCY!!!

Say the repeater you're trying to listen to is 146.7300 (- 600khz offset would be 146.1300) Because a scanner does not transmit you will not need to enter in the input. Ham radios are setup to automatically enter the offset frequency for you. Just ignore any and all input frequencies when programming your scanner.

KCCHIEF, offset is the term used in Amateur Radio Repeaters. The offset is the spread of the bandwidth used to define an input (transmit) and output (receive) frequency.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.