Pro197 Win500 Programming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CentracomGold

Help!

Attempting to write from Win500 (v2.06) to my pro197 & while writing, I keep receiving "checksum failure" at various stages (made it up to 98% before generating the error) & then the scanner reboots to a display of "File system Initialized to Defaults... press any key" . My scanner lost all its objects. HELP!!!

I have used this in the past without any problems & I am proficient (at least I thought I was) with the software

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
This link suggests to update the win500 software program.
http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...-showing-checksum-failure-when-uploading.html

Sometimes programming problems will happen to the pro 197 where the cable isnt fully inserted into the radio itself,
the 197 seems more prone to that I have found.
Just push slightly a bit on the cable and if you feel it go in a bit more into the radio you should be good to go.

Then if not, always try to shut off the radio, remove the cable from the computer, restart the software.

Last edited:

CentracomGold

Ok I will try again for the umpteenth time. BTW, The following error displays on the Win500 page "failed to write data. Wrote 46300 of 67452"

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Ok I will try again for the umpteenth time. BTW, The following error displays on the Win500 page "failed to write data. Wrote 46300 of 67452"

Check your computer's device manager to see if any errors are showing on the com port assigned to the programming cable.

check com port speed and settings for matching values.

You may want to perform the eeprom memory test.....

At the Welcome screen, quickly press zero then 5. Do it quite a few times to see if an error shows up.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like a hardware problem.
Try a different USB port on your computer.

N1BHH

Usually checksum errors relate to talk groups not associated with any trunk system. You should keep pressing the scan button until it scans but shows "nothing enabled" at which point you try to upload to your scanner again. You are using the latest version of Win500 so check your programming carefully.

CentracomGold

I still receive "Checksum errors" even with a new template that I am attempting to write. The Win500 program will also generate an error message then close. Getting fed up now

CentracomGold

Usually checksum errors relate to talk groups not associated with any trunk system. You should keep pressing the scan button until it scans but shows "nothing enabled" at which point you try to upload to your scanner again. You are using the latest version of Win500 so check your programming carefully.

I've done this at least 5 times and when I do this, I get up to 98% before checksum error pops up

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Your welcome as I stated above that the 197 seems to be more tempermental that others from my experience.

jfhtm350

Sometimes when writing to my 106 with win500, it crashes and reboots. I dont remember seeing any error messages. It has always completed properly the second time without doing anything after it reboots. I always watch the screen to see if it makes it to 100% now. I dont know what causes it but it would have to do with something in the scanner crashing and not in the cable, software, or windows. This may not be the same crash you get but now you know your not alone. Actually I clone my 197 from my 106 and the 197 has crashed when doing that before.

I sent an email to the guy who makes win500 about something else awhile back and no one bothered to reply, so good luck with an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.