pro2053 using win93 software help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I got the win93 scanner software fpr the pro 2053. I went and got the radio shack cable for it (20 466) and also the 3 dll files for the win93. I installed the driver from the cd and the port is 15. I set the port to 15 in the win93 and when I try to read the scanner it says timed out waiting for the header. I have tried it with the mono adapter and without for grins. Is the com port too high? I recall in some devices a higher com port wpuld cause issues and you'd have to try to use a lower com port. It is the usb cable from rat shack. I got it after building a home cable and nothing. The driver it had originally the homemade was a 2006 version and this one was the 2009 version driver. Still nothing. Any thoughts or pointers?

I should add that the version of the win93 is v00.31 I tried the pro93.com but it was a non working site that the radio shack site listed. I checked the radio shack cd that came with cable but didn't see a pro 93 or 2053 with the arc version software.

Last edited:

n5ims

Do you have the adapter plug on your cable (a stereo to mono adapter)? I believe that the 2053 requires it to be there for the radio to properly see the computer.

SCPD

QRT
Yup just tried it and got the time out error again. About to try another usb port see what that does.

SCPD

QRT
Solved. Thank you n5ims for the reply though. I removed several other drivers from a couple Chinese radios restarted and then re did the install process and bah it reads perfect no problems. Strange. The one driver was for a old radio I gave the cable was a tyt. Not sure but it must have been crossing somehow probably newer driver date not sure. But it solved it removing those.

Status
Not open for further replies.