PRO2096 Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

Hello Everyone.

I've had my RS 2096 now since about November of last year. It's doing fine. However, I've read some posts about people "downloading" files from RR to their Pro2096 scanners. I haven't tried to do this "yet".....I've been a little leary of "frying" the thing. But, I suppose that it shouldn't hurt anything.

But, can someone tell me where I can find the "files" or the info on the "how to" download and copy to the scanner? I'm a little "behind the curve" on that aspect of it....

Thanks in advance!

Steve/KB8FAR

SLWilson

I have Win96.

I already HAVE the Win96. I have the programming cable. I know how to open that program and manually set up what I want to hear, BUT, I've never "imported" from the RR database. That's what I don't know how to do....

Anywhere that there are instructions on the HOWs of that????

Thanks,

Steve

rpowley

SLWilson said:
I already HAVE the Win96. I have the programming cable. I know how to open that program and manually set up what I want to hear, BUT, I've never "imported" from the RR database. That's what I don't know how to do....

Anywhere that there are instructions on the HOWs of that????

Thanks,

Steve
Open WIN96 -> Go to File -> GO to Web import ->(RadioReference.com tag shows) Choose Trunked or Conventional. This somewhat explains the web import
note: you must have an active internet connection open.

Status
Not open for further replies.