Pro96Com Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8VFD

Feed Provider
I've been having an issue with Pro96Com where the Channel Grant Trace tab is being filled up with repeated Station ID's from the trunking system that I'm monitoring. This has just recently started and I do not recall changing anything that could possibly cause this to happen

Attachments

• 2017-04-04.jpg
    2017-04-04.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 349

mikey60

Please download the current version from the web site. This was fixed a while ago.

The cause is actually a system change in the latest version of the system.

Mike

mikey60

Can you look at the about screen and double check?

Also, a control channel dump for a minute or two would also be appreciated so that I can see what the program is seeing come in. That can be sent to mike@psredit.com.

Thanks,
Mike

W8VFD

Feed Provider
In the about screen it says Version 1.11.6 Build 207

I also sent you an email with a CC dump from the program.

Thanks

Can you look at the about screen and double check?

Also, a control channel dump for a minute or two would also be appreciated so that I can see what the program is seeing come in. That can be sent to mike@psredit.com.

Thanks,
Mike

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Hey Mike I seem to remember something in the Proscan thread I think it was, a week or two back about his program doing the same thing. He said something about a new update Motorola did or something like that which was causing the problem. It had to do with something related to radio systems being updated and causing problems in his software.

mikey60

Yeah, we had a similar discussion a while back. When using the dump file to try to reproduce I have been unable to do so, but I still made some code changes that may help. Hope to release that along with some other fixes this weekend.

Mike

Redneck0410

Has anyone had any luck with getting Pro96com to work with the Uniden BCD996P2? I am by no means a rookie at this program, but I can't seem to find a setting it likes to decode my scanner.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had any luck with getting Pro96com to work with the Uniden BCD996P2? I am by no means a rookie at this program, but I can't seem to find a setting it likes to decode my scanner.

It just tried it on my 996P2, I turned C-CH output on and set the scanner model in pro96com to BCD396XT. Looks like it is working.

Tim-B

My pro96com just started doing this on Louisiana 700 MHz LWIN system last night. The control channel keeps rapidly flipping back and forth between control and station ID. I will download the latest version and see if that works.

On another note - what kind of upgrades did they do to the system for it to do this? Does it have anything to do with preparing to add phase II talkgroups to a systems that has so far been only phase I?

Follow up: Yep, the new version fixed it. Now back to the other question, what do the system upgrades do to the system. What changed?

mikey60

On another note - what kind of upgrades did they do to the system for it to do this? Does it have anything to do with preparing to add phase II talkgroups to a systems that has so far been only phase I?

It has to do with a system software update changing how system identification is handled. It doesn't necessarily mean a switch from Phase 1 to Phase 2, although that version of system would be able to support it.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.