Probably beyond help

CGS9274

I just bought my mother a BC365CRS.she was diagnosed w/dementia about a yr ago&seems to be fading fast. As a kid I remember 1 of her favorite things to do was sit in her chair & listen to the old scanner she had back then. She loved listening to local police &ems channels. Used to always tease me saying she had it to listen for me on there to see if I'd gotten into any trouble w/the law,shes definitely heard my name on a few occasions. Well I just remember she really enjoyed listening back then so I thought maybe a new scanner would bring back a lil of that old joy. Problem is, I know absolutely nothing about the things&don't know what I'm doing. I am hoping our local agencies are analog as I'd recently found out this scanner will only pick up analog & not digital. Could any1 plz check into my local police frequently to see if they are indeed analog or if I need a different scanner for her to listen to. We live in a small town called Garrettsville, Ohio 44231.ive tried looking into it but seriously don't understand any of it. Ty for ur time & help. I know I appreciate it&hope to put a smile back on moms face w/use of any info that might help me get this working for her

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Garrettsville also has a talkgroup listed on MARCS. Someone local would have to confirm usage on the analog law frequency vs the trunked system

405559e6bD67LAWMantua / Garrettsville / Hiram Police DispatchLaw Dispatch

mciupa

You will want to enter the left column of the frequency column into your scanner, to get you started.

Since they have an analog scanner at the moment, we should concentrate on that rather than the trunked system.

Engine104

Member since 2005
Sorry to hear about your mom. I went through the same thing with mine. Tough road. For my mom, it was watching and listening to Dodger games, not scanners, though :)

RFI-EMI-GUY

You might throw the mutual aid and intercity channels in the scanner and perhaps some aircraft tower frequencies for fun.