• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Problem programming a WLN KD-C1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrLoomis1978

Once again I have to turn to the great minds of this site to help me. I tried asking CHIRP but have not received an answer and doubt I will. Here's the trouble: I have tried to program my WLN KD-C1 with Chirp's latest build and everything goes smooth except for the DTCS Polarity column. Any channels with DCS codes that are set to NR or RN automatically change back to NN after saving or refreshing. Therefore, writing to the radio causes it to transmit the wrong codes. Using the WLN software works just fine, but I'd really rather use Chirp because of its ease of use, such as rearranging a channel or a group of channels up or down. You can't do that with the WLN software. I hope someone knows the answer. Thank you.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Write to radio with CHIRP, then read with the factory software, correct the DCS polarity, then write to radio with the factory software.

KD8DVR

Once again I have to turn to the great minds of this site to help me. I tried asking CHIRP but have not received an answer and doubt I will. Here's the trouble: I have tried to program my WLN KD-C1 with Chirp's latest build and everything goes smooth except for the DTCS Polarity column. Any channels with DCS codes that are set to NR or RN automatically change back to NN after saving or refreshing. Therefore, writing to the radio causes it to transmit the wrong codes. Using the WLN software works just fine, but I'd really rather use Chirp because of its ease of use, such as rearranging a channel or a group of channels up or down. You can't do that with the WLN software. I hope someone knows the answer. Thank you.

Just tried mine. No issues. Works fine with Chirp.

DrLoomis1978

Just tried mine. No issues. Works fine with Chirp.

LOL, I'm not surprised. I've had nothing but bad luck with my Baofengs and now this WLN Chirp bug. Question though...what version of Chirp are you using (the date of the daily build) ?

cmdrwill

Dr Loomis, PM me and I will direct you to the correct WLN software. Chirp has killed several radios in my neighborhood. Took a lot of work to get the Kenwood TM-G707 back working.

DrLoomis1978

Reply to cmdrwill

Dr Loomis, PM me and I will direct you to the correct WLN software. Chirp has killed several radios in my neighborhood. Took a lot of work to get the Kenwood TM-G707 back working.

Not sure how to PM on here but here's where I got my WLN software: https://www.409shop.com/shop_displaynews.php?id=292. This software does work, but it's limited as far as rearranging channels easily. But if you know of another site for the software I'm all ears. I'm also curious about Chirp killing those other radios. Thank you.

alex5774

Not sure how to PM on here but here's where I got my WLN software: https://www.409shop.com/shop_displaynews.php?id=292. This software does work, but it's limited as far as rearranging channels easily. But if you know of another site for the software I'm all ears. I'm also curious about Chirp killing those other radios. Thank you.

I recently purchased a KD-C1 on AliExpress and this was the link the seller gave me for the OEM software.

Programming Software for Radio Communication Device | ZASTONE

I haven't installed it yet so YMMV.

DrLoomis1978

Reply to alex5774

I recently purchased a KD-C1 on AliExpress and this was the link the seller gave me for the OEM software.

Programming Software for Radio Communication Device | ZASTONE

I haven't installed it yet so YMMV.

I checked out the site, however it seems to be the same software I downloaded from 409shop.com, but I thank you for your info. I also bookmarked the web site because they have replacement belt clips, etc...

KD8DVR

LOL, I'm not surprised. I've had nothing but bad luck with my Baofengs and now this WLN Chirp bug. Question though...what version of Chirp are you using (the date of the daily build) ?
The latest one, came out sometime last week. I always update whenever they push a New build.

All information constitutes personal opinion only and doesn't imply fact or aaccusation.

DrLoomis1978

Reply to KD8DVR

The latest one, came out sometime last week. I always update whenever they push a New build.

All information constitutes personal opinion only and doesn't imply fact or aaccusation.

Okay, then we both have the same build. But of course, my WLN still won't program correctly. I'll have to continue to use the KD-C1 software.

cmdrwill

The WLN software, and the 409 shop version, same as I have, is simple yes, but that is all you need to do a good job of programming your radio. I program lots of radios different brands both Commercial and Public Safety, as well as Ham, and like the way the WLN programs,,,easy.

Anything in particular that is a problem for you with the WLN radio programming?

DrLoomis1978

Reply to cmdrwill

The WLN software, and the 409 shop version, same as I have, is simple yes, but that is all you need to do a good job of programming your radio. I program lots of radios different brands both Commercial and Public Safety, as well as Ham, and like the way the WLN programs,,,easy.

Anything in particular that is a problem for you with the WLN radio programming?

The only problem is, it's not easy to rearrange one or more channels like it is with Chirp. With Chirp, you can select multiple channels and click on the option to move them up or down. That really comes in handy. But with only 16 channels on the WLN I'll learn to live with it and use their software.

cmdrwill

The problem, re arranging 'channels' is valid, and some of the radio programming software just do not support that. Must be the 'person' who wrote the software has no clue what it really is to program and change the order of channels.... Who in the hell wrote this syndrome.

CHIRP is more like a spreadsheet type of program than a radio programming application, so cut and paste works. Lotus 123 come to mind.

Be glad you were not trying to use some of the original/first computer radio programming 'programs'. You would have torn your hair out!

DrLoomis1978

Reply to cmdrwill

The problem, re arranging 'channels' is valid, and some of the radio programming software just do not support that. Must be the 'person' who wrote the software has no clue what it really is to program and change the order of channels.... Who in the hell wrote this syndrome.

CHIRP is more like a spreadsheet type of program than a radio programming application, so cut and paste works. Lotus 123 come to mind.

Be glad you were not trying to use some of the original/first computer radio programming 'programs'. You would have torn your hair out!

LOL, yes so I've read. Those older radios could be a real pain, although I'd love to have one. It's true Chirp is like a spreadsheet and makes things so simple. Thank you for all your time and effort helping me out, I greatly appreciate it.

pd1dre

Low Modulation KD-C1

I bought this radio 4 weeks ago, used him during the ILLW for local coms, and the second day my modulation was going down, what means that I have a very low modulation, does somebody know how too set the modulation again, I have Chirp and the KD-C1 software, Best 73's de PD1DRE

fusion2u

Premium Subscriber
unable to program the WLN KDC1

Purchased RTSYSTEM software for the WLN KDC1, was able to read the radio but can't upload new frequencies. After reading the radio I have tried to write back to the radio with ham frequencies and nothing happens except I get a "Data from wrong Radio". If I try to write the frequencies that I read from the radio I get "Frequencies range of radio does not match file: RFF F34" CHIRP does not work at all. Thanks in advance for any help

DrLoomis1978

Reply to fusion2u

Unfortunately I don't know anything about RTSYSTEM software. But the software that actually does work can be found here: https://www.409shop.com/shop_displaynews.php?id=292. Scroll all the way down to WLN and click "software". When the page loads click download (Ignore the Whoops! message}. Also, you may be using the wrong cable. Here is the authentic cable: https://www.amazon.com/Authentic-Programming-Cable-Kenwood-BaoFeng/dp/B00HUB0ONK. Sorry if you already know all this info but I figured I'd share it because some people really are confused at first. It's not the fanciest software out there but it does the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.