BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Problem Receiving Digital Transmissions

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
The other day I posted this problem and I thought I had fixed it but I have not. When I turn on the radio, it will not receive digital channels, Phase 1 & 2 on all digital systems. When I press the Function Button, the digital channels come in loud and clear, until I turn the radio off. When I turn it off, and on again, I need to repeat the process to receive digital again. Anyone have any ideas?

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Function - what?
Just the function button - or...?
And, you are not rotating it?

If indeed your problem is (pressing just the function button and then it works), this is a new one... (??)
The function button itself doesn't 'do' anything. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the function button's only 'function' is to enable a secondary function on all of the other buttons on the radio.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Yes, just the function button. I just tried it again, and it started receiving. I can't figure it out. I am thinking of reprogramming the radio. Is there is a way to reset the radio to factory settings?

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
To factory reset it, press and hold 2, 9, and Dept when you power on the scanner.

But before you do that, what system(s) are you listening to? What are you digital settings i.e. wait time, threshold etc set at?

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Right now I am in Myrtle Beach SC and am scanning Troop 5 of the State Police on the Palmetto 800 System, P2, The Horry County System P1.
I really don't know how to check wait time, etc on the 436, but I am checking the manual and will get back to you!
Thanks

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
OK, The hold time is 0 seconds, the threshold level is 8, and the threshold mode is set to "auto"
Thanks

Ubbe

Try instead to push the Menu button. Then you'll know if it is the mechanical pressure that makes it work or some strange logical issue.
When you have it working then power it off in a normal way so it will save its current state to the SD card, that it will load at next power on.

/Ubbe

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
An update. OK I tried all, and ended up having to completely reset back to factory setting (thanks Stoliraz) I then updated the firmware. Reloaded the frequencies and systems from the Radio Reference Database, and all is well and operating normal. Must have been some kind of software glitch.