Problem with SDRSharp &Win10

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzfoot

I've been using SDRSharp with XP for some time but now am moving to Win10. Downloaded latest version from AirSpy and after some driver issues am making progress but the latest issue has me stumped.

When I press the play icon (upper left R pointing triangle) to begin I get the popup message box "No audio Recording Device Found" . I have nothing selected to record. I do have audio drivers loaded and earphones are functional. The directory where recordings would go is there. Dongle (FunCube Pro) is fully functional in the XP machine and recognized by SDRSharp in the win10 machine.

It's not making sense to me. any input is appreciated.

Al

Kaleier1

Welcome to the forums yzfoot..

Just grasping at straws here, but if you click on the gear icon, does it show a device has been selected?

yzfoot

Clicking on the gear icon brings up the FunCube controller so I believe that indicates FunCube selected successfully .

But wait, I get the same error and response from the gear icon even when the Funcube is not plugged in.

Device manages sees it & list it as FunCube Dongle, it sees 2 though there is one.

Last edited:

Kaleier1

Well since you have it working on XP it's obvious you know how it works and how to set it up so not sure I can be of much help to you. Underneath the gear and play icons there is a heading that says "Source" with an arrow pointing to the right. If you click it there is a drop down menu. Select "IQ from sound card" then hit play. Even without a dongle it should let SDR# start running. Also check the input and output settings under the audio heading, but I am guessing you probably have.

yzfoot

Thanks for your suggestions. Selecting source : IQ from Sound card yields the same error message when I hit Play. Going to the audio heading I can select an output but the input box provides no selections (just blank) and won't allow entering an input. Setting up and using this under XP was a breeze, I've used it for many different things and many different ways over the years. The new and improved Win 10 version not so much. It's frustrating with no documentation and very few places to even ask questions. It's likely some setup issue that isn't obvious but I sure haven't found it yet.

What do you mean by " Even without a dongle it should let SDR# start running" ? SDR# comes up and looks to be ready to acquire and run already. Should it start acquiring data from the sound card & display as if it was acquiring from a SDR input ?

yzfoot

Here's what it was : in settings --allow apps to use my microphone. 2 days of digging to find this GEM !

Well having solved that there are other issues. Brittle, brittle , brittle. Not really Win10 ready, the thing has been rock solid in XP.

Next issue -- error of no signal getting thru -- funcube needs to be in the usb slot that puts it in 'audio ins & outs' in device manager NOT "USB controllers' In contrast to what I've read in many places.

Probably not done yet.

Kaleier1

What do you mean by " Even without a dongle it should let SDR# start running" ? SDR# comes up and looks to be ready to acquire and run already. Should it start acquiring data from the sound card & display as if it was acquiring from a SDR input ?
I meant that the right pointing triangle "Play" button will change to a square "Stop" icon. If you try this in a working setup with your device selected but not connected you get an error.

Glad to see you are making some progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.