Problems with my WS1095

Raff

I have a WS-1095. I just had it programmed recently and it was working fine. Yesterday, all of a sudden, while scanning in Scan list, the screeen began to pulse and flash, and emit a strange squelch like noise, and it sounds like there is a vloice in the background. It does this intermittently. Also at the top right hand corner next to the area, it shows "AM". It does finallhy go back to normal. Any thoughts?
Also, when I try to step through the talk groups in the scan lists, the screen shows "fatal error, Data files, not valid for this App version." Any thoughts. I had a freind program it for me. Thank you for any and all assistance.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
A corrupt sd card is a good place to start looking for many problems. Is it possible the friend had a different version of the software? I keep a couple of spare cards for my radios, as the sd card is the only problem I have had. My first radio was purchased the year RS starting selling them and only went to the factory for the official Whistler upgrade, which was well worth the cost. While not true of many RS/GRE/Whistler radios, my two both receive as cleanly as my SDS100 on a simulcast system in a side by side test.