ProComm Glass Mount Scanner Antenna

DMJR318

I am looking for some feedback on the ProComm glass mount scanner antenna. I have a Uniden 350a in my 2019 Ford Ranger. I have am looking at the ProComm Glass mount antenna because I don't want to drill any holes in my truck. My truck does have factory tint and also has the standard rear window defroster.

Will this antenna work?

Thank you!

K4EET

Chaplain
Premium Subscriber
Glass mount antennas are neither compatible with OEM tinted windows nor glass-embedded wires used for defrosters.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
For a very short time, I had a glass-mount scanner antenna. I discovered that the receiver worked equally poorly with or without the mounted antenna. I still put NMOs on every vehicle I have ever owned, leased, or bought outright. Never had any issues selling, turning in, or trading my cars with these great performers.
CVPI HTHSC.JPG

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
What are you implying by "being safe?" The usual NMO kit comes with RG58 cable unless intended for 800 MHz. and higher-frequency mobile application(s).

K4EET

Chaplain
Premium Subscriber
Am I going to be safe if I purchase the NMO mount assembly with RG58 cable?
Just make sure you buy a reputable brand. You want to get good quality coax cable. Since you will possibly be scanning up to 1,000 MHz, you might want to ask The Antenna Farm if they have a model with less loss than RG-58/U. At 1 GHz, Belden RG-58/U has a loss of 18.1 dB per 100 feet or 0.181 dB per foot. At 17 feet, that is 3.077 dB of loss which reduces the receive signal by 50% if the SWR is 1:1.