Programing Uniden BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHB

Premium Subscriber
I am having trouble Programing my new scanner. i am only receiving part of the Pinellas County Florida System. I joined Radio Reference to access their downloads for this scanner. I am only interested in having fire, police and EMS programed into the radio. Any help will be greatly appreciated

FRANK.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You can get the Sentinel downloads without joining RR.

Make sure you the appropriate System Types are enabled, ae Police Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, EMS Dispatch, and the TAC types if you want to hear them.

Can you be more specific about what you are not hearing.

Make sure all the sites are programmed and nothing is avoided. Certain talkgroups may or may not affiliate with certain sites.

Check your location and range settings as well. Below are a couple easier to Read manuals:

http://new.marksscanners.com/536/436_536.shtml

http://new.marksscanners.com/536/X36 HP Sentinel.shtml

Last edited:

FHB

Premium Subscriber
You can get the Sentinel downloads without joining RR.

Make sure you the appropriate System Types are enabled, ae Police Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, EMS Dispatch, and the TAC types if you want to hear them.

Can you be more specific about what you are not hearing.

Make sure all the sites are programmed and nothing is avoided. Certain talkgroups may or may not affiliate with certain sites.

Check your location and range settings as well. Below are a couple easier to Read manuals:

Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

BCDX36HP Sentinel Software Manual

W8RMN Thank You for your reply, will try what you suggested

FHB

Premium Subscriber
In programing my radio I followed the instructions and used the zip code for my location. I am only receive parts of the system that pertains to law enforcement (several police and county sheriff). There are 19 different fire depts, with one central dispatch for the entire county. I want to program the radio with the police which I am receiving and the fire dept dispatch. It is a little overwhelming to figure it out.
Thank You
Frank

FHB

Premium Subscriber
I have review everything about programing the BCD536HP and now have it programed they way I want it. Thanks to all who responded

Frank

rwier

Hi Frank,

You mentioned zip codes but never mentioned Favorite Lists. If you become familiar with making FLs, your listening pleasure will explode exponentially. (Just my opinion).

Status
Not open for further replies.