programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1abob1

Does anyone know what NFM is, under Radio Reference for the St. Charles County Mo Sheriffs Dept. it says 3 different Freq. MUST (in italics) be programmed as NFM not FM to be able to monitor properly.

Again what is NFM I just have a BC340crs (Ya I know)

Thanks up front

scannerboy01

NFM means Narrow Band FM. Here's an article from the Radio Reference Wiki about it. Modulation Methods - The RadioReference Wiki The FCC says that public safety in US must switch to NFM. The NFM that you would be talking about is the SNFM which is commonly called NFM on scanners. The NFM just above that is what is currently used and just commonly called FM.
I have looked at the specifications on the Uniden BC340 CRS and I don't think that it would work, but you could try listening and see if it works.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what NFM is, under Radio Reference for the St. Charles County Mo Sheriffs Dept. it says 3 different Freq. MUST (in italics) be programmed as NFM not FM to be able to monitor properly.

Again what is NFM I just have a BC340crs (Ya I know)

Thanks up front
Looking at the database page for St. Charles County, a number of the Sheriffs Dept. frequencies are listed as "P25", with a NAC code. Those are digital. That includes the three frequencies tagged as "must be programmed as NFM...."

The BC340CRS is not going to work on those, no matter what you do. It's an analog scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.