BCD396XT/BCD996XT: Programming a BCD396XT

Koolbreeze

Premium Subscriber
I haven't been in the game for quite some time. I can't find FreeScan to reprogram my BCD 396XT. Can someone tell me what freeware may be available. I am a little rusty. My local Law enforcement have switched to digital, and I need to brush up on how to get this done. Any info is greatly appreciated.

tvengr

Well Known Member
It appears that there are no sites in Marshall County for the OKWIN trunked system. Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network (OKWIN) (P25) Trunking System, Various, Oklahoma Madill is well within range of the site in Johnston County:
1 (1)035 (23)TishomingoJohnston856.9375857.9375858.9375859.9375c860.9375c

Marshall County
Kingston and Madill Police are on the Marshall County Sheriff's talkgroup​

DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
549225DMarshall Co SOSheriff DispatchLaw Dispatch

There are also conventional frequencies: Marshall County, Oklahoma (OK) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Koolbreeze

Premium Subscriber
It appears that there are no sites in Marshall County for the OKWIN trunked system. Oklahoma Wireless Interoperability Network (OKWIN) (P25) Trunking System, Various, Oklahoma Madill is well within range of the site in Johnston County:
1 (1)035 (23)TishomingoJohnston856.9375857.9375858.9375859.9375c860.9375c

Marshall County​

Kingston and Madill Police are on the Marshall County Sheriff's talkgroup​

DECHEXModeAlpha TagDescriptionTag
549225DMarshall Co SOSheriff DispatchLaw Dispatch

There are also conventional frequencies: Marshall County, Oklahoma (OK) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
So let me ask you this. This talk group is something I can't hear on my scanner? I am using ProScan now. Thanks for your help!

tvengr

Well Known Member
So let me ask you this. This talk group is something I can't hear on my scanner? I am using ProScan now. Thanks for your help!
If programmed correctly, you should be able to hear the talkgroup. The D in the Mode column shows it is P25 Phase 1 and not encrypted.

Koolbreeze

Premium Subscriber
If programmed correctly, you should be able to hear the talkgroup. The D in the Mode column shows it is P25 Phase 1 and not encrypted.
I must be doing something wrong. I pulled it from Radio Reference and imported to scanner, but I don't see the scanner reading it.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
You also need to include frequencies of course. Stated your county doesn't have a tower, so what you would need to do is include the tower frequencies from your neighboring counties. All you need are the control frequencies that are in red in the database , minus the letter c.

Add in each county as a new site within your county setup in proscan. Then assign each site the SAME quickkey #.

Koolbreeze

Premium Subscriber
You also need to include frequencies of course. Stated your county doesn't have a tower, so what you would need to do is include the tower frequencies from your neighboring counties. All you need are the control frequencies that are in red in the database , minus the letter c.

Add in each county as a new site within your county setup in proscan. Then assign each site the SAME quickkey #.
Thank you. I will give that a try!

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you continue to have problems, please attach your ProScan or FreeSCAN programming file so that we can take a look at it. Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys:

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 5