• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

programming connect plus help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
You do realize that you need a valid RID provisioned to actually program a subscriber right? You also need authorization. I suggest contacting them first. Connect Plus is a trunking environment. Unsolicited professional advice from someone who operates such a system in a nearby area: a scanner is your best bet to be a good neighbor and steer clear of trouble. The SDS100/200 do a fine job of decoding unencyrpted DMR including LCP and IPSC.

No one ever gets a knock at a door for programming one either. Happy scanning!

K2NEC

For example:
Is this a personal radio? Department/company radio?
Do you have permission to be programming this radio?
Do you have permission to be using this radio?
Do you have the software and cable for the radio?
Is it the correct radio for the system?
Does your radio have Connect Plus enabled?

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Need help with programming a connect plus system

Danny,

Are you talking about programming a scanner or programming a Motorola radio? If Motorola Radio then we can't help sorry but it's just the way it is. If it's a scanner you need help programming what type of scanner and etc.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Need help with programming a connect plus system

You can program your XPR 6350 so that you can listen to DMR trunking systems without authorization from anyone as long as you set your radio to receive-only mode. I have done this before and it works just fine. I also know a lot of LEO's that have bought their own personal radios and programmed them for their DMR trunking systems. Just because it's a trunking system doesn't mean that you need special clearance. There is the possibility that the system may be set to only allow whitelisted radios to receive the transmissions however you won't know until you try to program it. Please do not transmit on that system without authorization tho, that is illegal. I'm not familiar with that county or I would help you.

PS: Some folks on here won't help you because they feel as if keeping everyone beneath them makes them bigger and better. I wish you the best of luck.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Just because it's a trunking system doesn't mean that you need special clearance.
The hell it doesn't. If the O/P intends to program a subscriber to actually properly function and RX at all sites like a true subscriber, than it sure does require a valid RID, channel pool set correctly as the system author created, etc.
There is the possibility that the system may be set to only allow whitelisted radios to receive the transmissions however you won't know until you try to program it.
Yep, that's why we RAS. To keep bootleg, unauthorized radios off our systems. Mine is setup that way. Doesn't affect a scanner though (unless encryption is utilized), so a scanner will work just fine..hint hint...
Please do not transmit on that system without authorization tho, that is illegal. I'm not familiar with that county or I would help you.
Best. Advice. Ever.
PS: Some folks on here won't help you because they feel as if keeping everyone beneath them makes them bigger and better. I wish you the best of luck.
and some folks may not want to assist others in potential commission of a crime, and some folks on here have vested interest in the very networks/systems others publicly profess a desire to penetrate, which is why the general GOOD advice is to buy a scanner if one just wishes to listen. Did I mention the SDS200 does a fantastic job of scanning DMR conventional and trunked systems?

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
The hell it doesn't. If the O/P intends to program a subscriber to actually properly function and RX at all sites like a true subscriber, than it sure does require a valid RID, channel pool set correctly as the system author created, etc.

Yep, that's why we RAS. To keep bootleg, unauthorized radios off our systems. Mine is setup that way. Doesn't affect a scanner though (unless encryption is utilized), so a scanner will work just fine..hint hint...

Best. Advice. Ever.

and some folks may not want to assist others in potential commission of a crime, and some folks on here have vested interest in the very networks/systems others publicly profess a desire to penetrate, which is why the general GOOD advice is to buy a scanner if one just wishes to listen. Did I mention the SDS200 does a fantastic job of scanning DMR conventional and trunked systems?

Ok sir.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
You can program your XPR 6350 so that you can listen to DMR trunking systems without authorization from anyone as long as you set your radio to receive-only mode.

You're thinking of Capacity Plus. The OP specifically asked about Connect Plus.

There is no receive only mode for Connect Plus trunking systems. He either needs his radio id or ESN programmed into the site controller in order to listen. He'll need a system admin to do that.

On top of that, he'll need Connect Plus CPS plus an option board.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

I'm sure some do.

Then there are some that understand that improperly placing a radio on a system can put first responders lives at risk. A radio affiliating with a system can take resources away from those that need them. Taking an active radio ID can cause issues for a first responders radio.
If one really wants to support first responders, thin blue line flags and all, a good way to do that is not screw up their means of communications.

There are some that won't help because we don't want to put others lives at risk.

a417

U+0000
I also know a lot of LEO's that have bought their own personal radios and programmed them for their DMR trunking systems. Just because it's a trunking system doesn't mean that you need special clearance.
<snip>
Those LEO's system operators probably know they have that communication hardware, and make sure it functions appropriately on their system. Every system I worked with or on had at least a handful of private units purchased by people under explicit guidance by the system administrators, they knew that it was not going to be a free-for-all I am 99.44% positive that if they became unemployable by their agencies, the equipment would be made to not work as soon as the decision was made. Giving dangerous advice like the "special clearance" line is just that, dangerous.

Those people won't help you because it is in the end users best interest, sorry if it looks that way.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
You need the proper frequency file, connect plus cps program, option board for radio, connect plus enabled in the radio, RID registered in the system and the radios ESN registered in the system. Without that, just buy a scanner. Its not going to happen without that.

Status
Not open for further replies.