Programming for a visitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanmanmi

I was thinking of sending a family member a scanner with some main frequencies. I see LOTS of listings but don't know which ones are active for RM Natl Park area. Of interest would be the visiting fire fighters, Estes EMS, active YMCA OTR (shows 14)

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
The listings for Rocky Mountain National Park should be pretty darn accurate, check the "Federal" menu for Colorado and go the Rocky Mountain Park listing. The park itself uses analog VHF, except they have 1 simplex P25 channel for ranger tac, which is clearly included in the listing. Of course Estes Park PD and Larimer County SO are ENC, but Estes Park/Larimer County fire and EMS can be monitored, assuming your family member has a scanner that decodes trunked systems. Also I believe the Cameron Peak fire may be still going on, if so there is a recent thread on here for active frequencies/DTR Talkgroups used for the Cameron Peak Fire.

scanmanmi

Just a simple very slow analog scanner. I was wondering if anyone in Estes could help me eliminate low usage freqs. I imagine you can't hear very far with the mountains there.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Natedawg, when I program in park rangers should I have them in Conventional or Trunking objects? If I put them in trunking how do you do it for frequencies and TG?

Status
Not open for further replies.