Programming help Baytown, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hornnumb2

I have made a favorite list in sentinel for my BCD436HP. When I select the P25 Harris County - Baytown, I also get a bunch of other sites that I can't delete. Not sure if these are just towers or what? I attached a picture of it. I also would like to add lifeflight and mutual aide but could not find them in the list if somebody could point me in the right direction. Thanks

Attachments

• scanner.jpg
    scanner.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 295

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have made a favorite list in sentinel for my BCD436HP. When I select the P25 Harris County - Baytown, I also get a bunch of other sites that I can't delete. Not sure if these are just towers or what? I attached a picture of it. I also would like to add lifeflight and mutual aide but could not find them in the list if somebody could point me in the right direction. Thanks
You can easily delete them in Sentinel.
View attachment 45079
1idISmp

That a partial screenshot of a test system I made, duplicating yours. At the main Sentinel screen (not the Favorites list editor), click on the system name at the top, Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25.

What you see over in the right pane (or window, if you prefer that) is a list of everything in the system, along with a description.

Harris County- Baytown is a Department. That's the talkgroups you want. All the rest of those are sites, and are labeled as such.

Look at the system in the database to see the list of site names. Obviously, you'd want to keep the one for Baytown, and probably the next closest sites in each direction.

For the one's you don't want, you can delete them.
In Sentinel, at the main screen, as in the attached screenshot, use your mouse to click on the sites to delete. To delete a string of consecutive ones, hold down the <Shift> key, then click on the first and last one in the group, highlighting all of them.
Once highlighted, simply press the Delete key, then confirm that you want to delete them.
To delete selected sites (not a continuous list), hold down the <Ctrl> key which clicking the individual ones you want to remove, then use the Delete key.

Once you're finished deleting, be sure and save the updates by using the Save option either from the File menu, or the small "disc" icon on the top of the screen. (Hover your mouse over it, and you'll see that it's description is 'Save profile'.)
redir
redir

Last edited:

Hornnumb2

Thanks that worked great, seems like i tried that but didn't have the option but works now, can somebody point me to what LifeFlight is listed under. Seems like I click on every one but still can't find it. Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks that worked great, seems like i tried that but didn't have the option but works now, can somebody point me to what LifeFlight is listed under. Seems like I click on every one but still can't find it. Thanks
Obviously, I'm too far out of range up hear in Dallas to confirm. I did note some LifeFlight talkgroups over on the older analog version of TxWARN.
Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas - Scanner Frequencies
That's also where the statewide Medevac listing shows them. Look at the top group, "Air Medical".

There are also Mutual aid groups listed on this same system.

For the digital TxWARN P25, I see mutual aid talkgroups listed under the heading (that would be a "Department" in Sentinel and the 436HP) of Interoperability - Zone 76 Talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.