Programming issue with trunked system

Status
Not open for further replies.

WG5Z

One of the trunked systems I have programed in my favorites list has never received any traffic. I have a Whistler TRX-1 programmed with the same system and it receives the system with just the rubber duck antenna. I created a second favorites list and put just this system in it. When I turn off fav 1 and just enable fav 2 then exit out I get the message "Nothing to scan" I have verified the frequencies and talkgroups are there. I have only had this system for about a week now, so I am guessing I am missing something. Any suggestions as to what is wrong would be appreciated. The programming was imported from the database. I did not do it myself.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
First, please check to ensure all service types pertaining to the talkgroups being monitored are turned on (focus on "tag" column per talkgroup table in RRDB). There's also a "nothing to scan" checklist here you can review if necessary (Scroll down to Uniden 3-Tier DMA for the 536HP). It would also help if you posted the RR database link to the trunked system you're having trouble with so we can get eyes on the database and offer additional suggestions in the event none of these measures work

WG5Z

Ok I checked and business was off. I have switched it on now and we'll see what happens. Thanks for the help.

WG5Z

So I have gone through the checklist and to the best of my understanding everything is set right.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Might want to export your Uniden Sentinel hpe file, see directions here then create a zip file from the hpe export so you can post it as an attachment on this thread. Perhaps someone can check your programming for errors then post a corrected file for you to import into Sentinel then write to the scanner

WG5Z

Well nope. The only upgrade I was thinking I might need was NXDN. Didn't realize this was a DMR system. Where did I miss this information?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And also note that while the TRX1 can listen to that system, it can't actually trunktrack it. As I understand it, Whistler never actually bought the license for this, and Uniden did. That's why it's a free upgrade from Whistler, but paid from Uniden

Mike

WG5Z

Well rookie mistake. At least Whistler was kind enough to include DMR (as well as NXDN) in my TRX-1. I guess that's why I wasn't thinking upgrade. Sorry to trouble everyone.

WG5Z

Well I've had not trouble listening with the TRX-1. Must not be doing much switching. Not enough of interest on this system to pay the upgrade to Uniden. Have not encountered any NXDN systems I want to monitor. At least now I will know what to look for before adding anything new.

WG5Z

So something that occured to me someone might be able to answer. The Whistler is receiving these channels but not actually trunk tracking them. But when they are programmed into the 536, they are ignored saying nothing to scan. Is there some setting I can change to make the 536 scan them as conventional channels instead of ignoring them?

phask

Premium Subscriber
So something that occured to me someone might be able to answer. The Whistler is receiving these channels but not actually trunk tracking them. But when they are programmed into the 536, they are ignored saying nothing to scan. Is there some setting I can change to make the 536 scan them as conventional channels instead of ignoring them?

Yeah - buy the upgrade :) Nothing will make it decode DMR without the upgrade.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Good, just one service type. Make sure "Business" is turned on

If there was a self-programmed system, the Service Type is probably Custom 1.

Regardless, make sure all Service Types are enabled except those you know you do not want to hear.

Of course "no DMR enabled" was the answer here, but the above is still good info.

Status
Not open for further replies.