Programming my new BCD325P2 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacefrog922

Hello to everyone.....I just purchased the BCD325P2 scanner and had it programmed for 2 counties when I bought it. I just received it and it seems to be working fine. My question is there are many other frequencies I would like to put in and I read I read in the manual how "To Program an ID into a ‘Quick Save Group’" as I want to enter some frequencies in a new group ( not one of the groups that was programmed in it already) and I am finding this difficult. I read this scanner can be programmed via a PC with 3rd party software. Is this the best option? Also, where do I get the software? Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello to everyone.....I just purchased the BCD325P2 scanner and had it programmed for 2 counties when I bought it. I just received it and it seems to be working fine. My question is there are many other frequencies I would like to put in and I read I read in the manual how "To Program an ID into a ‘Quick Save Group’" as I want to enter some frequencies in a new group ( not one of the groups that was programmed in it already) and I am finding this difficult. I read this scanner can be programmed via a PC with 3rd party software. Is this the best option? Also, where do I get the software? Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Using software is the better option, especially when you are switching to a new type of scanner, such as your previous scanner (if any) used banks and channels. But your new scanner is either DMA (Uniden) or Object Oriented (GRE, Radio Shack, or Whistler). While it's to your benefit to be able to program the scanner through the keypad, especially when you are away from your computer, using software is much quicker, especially when entering text tags. Plus. with software, you are seeing just about all required fields for programming, at one time, making it much easier to spot and correct simple errors and omissions, than trying to step through multiple screens on the scanner to find what is incorrect. Also, using software, when there is a problem, you can attach your programming file to a post, so that someone else can look at it and advise what corrections need to be made.

For your 325P2, start by looking at this Wiki page: https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Program_your_DMA_Scanner
This link for software information is also on the page referenced above.

There are three software packages available to program your BCD325P2. ARC-XT, FreeSCAN, and ProScan. ARC-XT and ProScan have a 30 day trial period, so that you can use the software to see if it fits your needs, before you have to purchase it. If you don't purchase before the trial period ends, the software programs will quit working. ARC-XT has two versions: Basic, $39.95, and Pro, $69.95. The Basic version will handle programming. But if you also want the option of logging, recording, or virtual control, you'd need to get the Pro version. See Butel's website for a full listing of what each software package covers. ProScan handles programming, and also provides logging, recording, and virtual control options. The license fee is $50.00. ProScan also supports a large number of other Uniden DMA scanners, from the BC780XLT,thru the 436HP/536HP series, as well as the newest, SDS100/SDS200. See ProScan's website for more details, as well as a list of models supported. Of these two, I prefer ProScan, as it does more and covers other models. However, some people prefer the layout of the ARC software programs. Try both, with the free trial, and see which you prefer.

Your other option is FreeSCAN. It supports your 325P2, along with a number of other models, though not as many as ProScan. As the name implies, FreeSCAN is freeware. See the website for more details. The download link is here for version 2.18-b6. The latest version, 2.19b1 is only available if you log into the forums on FreeSCAN's home page. The 2.19 version does have limited support for programming DMR systems (if you purchased that upgrade), but does not allow the entry of the DMR color code. FreeSCAN's user guide is in the Wiki here on RadioReference.

All of these software packages allow you to import frequencies and other system information required for programming if you also become a Premium Subscriber. However, even without being a Premium Subscriber, you can still use software to program your scanner.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Here are the step by step instructions we send out to people who are having trouble with it as well. it's a good quick reference guide if you know the type of system you want to enter manually:

Here is a link to an easier to understand manual: Easier to Read BCD325P2 Digital Scanner Manual

The steps for programming are below:

For Conventional frequencies please follow these steps:
1. Press Menu button
2. Highlight Program System, Press E
3. Highlight New System, Press E
4. Highlight Conventional, Press E
5. Confirm by pressing E
6. Highlight Edit Group, Press E
7. Highlight New Group, Press E
8. Highlight Edit Channel, Press E
9. Highlight New Channel, Press E
10. Enter your Frequency, Press E
11. To enter more frequencies, Highlight New Channel, Press E

For P25 (Standard Trunk), Motorolla, Edacs, LTR:

1. Press Menu
4. Highlight the system you need Conventional, P25, Motorolla, Edacs, LTR, Press E
5. If P25 (Standard Trunk), EDACS, or Motorolla please follow the steps below:
6. Highlight Edit Site, Press E
7. Highlight New Site, Press E
8. Highlight Set Frequencies, Press E
9. Highlight New Frequency, Press E
10. Type in Primary and Alternate Frequencies (red and blue frequencies on RadioReference) Press E
11. Highlight New Frequency to enter more, Press E

Once you have entered all of your frequencies and want to enter DEC/TGID:

12. Press Menu 4 times.
13. Highlight Edit Group, Press E
14. Highlight New Group, Press E
15. Highlight Edit Channel, Press E
16. Highlight New Channel, Press E
17. Enter in the DEC/TGID, Press E
18. To enter more DEC/TGID Highlight New Channel, Press E

Once you have finished entering the DEC/TGID

19. Press Menu 4 Times
20. Highlight Edit Sys Option, Press E
21. Highlight ID Scan/Search, Press E
22. Press E on ID Scan if using TGID's and ID Search if just using only Frequencies.

For P25 One Frequency Trunk:

1. Press Menu
4. Highlight P25, Press E
5. Highlight One Freq Trunk, Press E
6. Highlight Edit Site, Press E
7. Highlight New Site, Press E
8. Highlight Set Frequencies, Press E
9. Highlight New Frequency, Press E
10. Enter the Frequency, Press E
11. Highlight New Frequency, Press E