Programming Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

csgaraglino

Is the ARC Software from Butel the only (or best) software for programming and recording Pro 651/652 scanners?

My having issues with Win10 and the user interface as well as it's connection with the RadioReference Database and getting support is slower than a carrier pegion from the Netherlands!

csgaraglino

Hmm... I sent a couple of questions last week regarding lists that were not uploading properly, then yesterday morning (US MNT) I sent one regarding a license key that would not load, than about an hour after I got that fixed I sent another asking about upgrading - then this morning I asked about upgrading.

I got everything fixed myself and the help of another RR member - and even found the upgrade link - but I spent far to much time doing it...

I still have no response to any of the emails prior to today.

It's just a little frustrating... and yes, I understand that you guys are 8-ish hours ahead of me.

I probably should have waited a bit longer - I'm not sure what your email support turn-around time is?

RDGDigital

Win500 and PSREdit500 both offer a fully functional 30 day free trial. My suggestion would be to download them both and try them for 30 days.

All three of these software package do a decent job of programming, they just go about it in different ways. For most people it's just a matter of which one they are more comfortable (or familiar) with.

Johnson1522

I've used ARC500 and it works. Still, my personal preference is Win500. ARC feels kind of cheap to me. That's a really small thing to nitpick over, but that's really about the only thing it comes down to. Win500 (and others as RDGDigital mentioned) have free trial periods. I can say that support questions I sent to the Win500 developer were answered thoroughly and quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.