Programming the BCT8 for State Police Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I just bough a Uniden BCT8 Scanner so I can listen to state agencies as well as State Police since I have friends in the state police as well as an interest to listen to all the stations. I've programmed my UHF/VHF handheld radioshack scanner a while ago but just got this one in and am having trouble getting anything to show up on the scanner. I've looked up frequencies such as 858.4875 but think I may be putting them in incorrectly. Does anyone know how to properly program them into this scanner? I've read the manual but am still having trouble.

When I hold trunk for 1.5 seconds I select my bank and then "E2-800" followed by "1 Pro9 F"
Am I doing something wrong there?

Any information would be helpful. Thank you for your time.

oneworld

BCT8 will not receive CT CSP. You need a scanner that will receive digital such as Uniden 396t,996 or GRE 500 or 600 and Radio Shack sells a base and portable as well.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
Return it

Suggest you look at the new Uniden Homepatrol unit. It is made for those new to scanning and those that don't want to go through the programming learning process. With it, you will be up and running in 5 minutes and it will receive CSP and othe digital systems (like Glastonbury...)

HomePatrol

Doc
New Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.