• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming VX-3200V Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrappinBurro

I'm trying to program a VX-3200V but cannot read the radio.

What I'm doing:
Running Windows XP through Virtual Box on a MacBook
I have CE52E for VX-3200/VX - 2500 (v3.00b)
Serial cable to USB is plugged in to COM 3 and has the right driver installed
Sunderly programming cable is plugged into to serial/UBB adapter and RJ45 port on the radio
CE52E software is looking at COM 3
When I click "radio" "read from radio" then "start" it says to switch radio off then on to start uploading. I do this and nothing happens. I have tried with two different radios and have the same thing happen. Nothing changed on the radio display either. My best guess is that although the serial adapter chip is talking to my computer it is not letting the connection past. I have left it trying to upload for 20+ minutes with still nothing happening.

Does anyone have any ideas to try?

Thanks!

PACNWDude

You could be having issues with your Sundelay cable, virtual box, or any manor of settings and timing. What I use is an old Windows XP computer and a Yaesu/Vertex DB9 serial cable. When power cycling the radio, the change to programming mode is immediately recognized with the blue scrolling status on the computer screen as data is transferred. It is always advisable to keep and older computers a dedicated radio programming computer as virtual computers often fail to function in this role. The VX-3200 also spans the time when Yaesu/Vertex/Standard Horizon was being merged with Motorola, and Firmware on VX-3200 radios was changing as well. I can't upgrade my older VX-3200's to scan for example, and have to use a legacy DB-9 and Windows XP for programming.

BrappinBurro

Yeah everything seems to work though. Are these radios actually programmed through the mic jack or is it through the speaker jack?

KD8HMJ

hi cball072 ive programmed several 2500 and 3200 using a dell mini 10 and windows xp with the software and ct104. ive always programmed mine the through the mic port with no issues.

MBill

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried first having radio turned off. Then start software, select read radio and turn radio on.
Some of these Vertex radios need to be off first. Others need to be on first, then turned off and on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.