Progress Energy using Nextel

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

From Weaverville on 04/03/14, listened to tech testing airbreak switching, and transformer work, using step by step authorization of the DCC. It was on 820.3875. I realize this is the input of 865.3875. But, 865.3875 is licensed nationwide to Nextel and it's subsidiaries. From listening often to Progress / Duke, I recognize them Does anyone have recent information that Progress has switched to using Nextel for it's activities? Thank you all, happy listening

trumpetman

Database Admin
Not sure where your frequencies came from or what scanner your using but Progress Energy/Duke is using 900 MHz SmartZone in that area. All your repeater outputs are in the 935 - 940 MHz range. Try 939.9625 for the BB&T building site or 939.9500 for the Flat Top Mtn site in Fairview. One of two things has happened, you're getting an image on your scanner or whatever your monitoring thinks your on an 800 MHz system and is using an 800 MHz bandplan, leading to bogus frequency assignments. My guess is the first option since you were hearing audio.

AlphaFive

Progress Nextel

You have to be right about a mirror image. I have all of their systems including the 900 MHz mapped out and working correctly. They have worked well for quite some time. I am using a Pro 197 in a tune search mode. I have tried to compensate the mirror image using the required 45 MHz separation, the 21.4 for my I.F. spread, I considered some kind of mirror I have heard of for a 400 megahertz jump, nothing fits. The signal is strong and I get no fluctuations. Unfortunately todays test ended before I could get to 865.3875. If you know of other mirrors please let me know, I try to keep track of them. Thanks for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.