ProScan: Proscan and MediaMTX

scottct1

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
163
Reaction score
44
Location
Newington, Connecticut
I am working on something and need to be able to access the SDS200 from two devices.

I have installed MediaMTX and have used the ProScan instructions for how to use MediaMTX found at PDF Online Tool - Soda PDF
I have gone into ProScan and reconfigured my URL to rtsp://192.168.1.50:8554/sds200
MediaRTX is connected to the scanner and shows stream is available and online, 1 track (G711)

However when proscan comes up it gives me an error os Unable to connect to UDP port :rstp://192.68.1.50:8554/sds200:50536

Its adding the 50536 on the end. In the URL setup and Monitor screen it also shows UDP scanner port of 50536 and I can't find any way to change that.

Any ideas?
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,638
Reaction score
5,235
Location
Ontario, Calif.
It sounds like you found the instructions. The link you posted didn't work for me. A pop up appeared asking if I wanted to create a free account. Instructions here: Using MediaMTX with the BCD536HP and SDS200 RTSP Audio

Try this:
In the mediamtx.yml file, check the spacing. My testing years ago, it seemed to work if I had the spacing just right.
[2 spaces]bcd536hp:
[4 spaces]source: rtsp://192.168.254.32/au:scanner.au

Next. power cycle the scanner even if it shows stream is available and online, 1 track (G711)
Close out the console and start MediaMTX again.
If it still doesn't work then check and double check that you don't have any antivirus or firewall software blocking the connection.
 
Top