Proscan Audio Not Working

APEXNext

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with very very very low audio when using the recording function in Proscan using Windows 11 Pro. For what every reason I either get no audio or very very very low audio to the point the volume has to be totally up and I still cant hear it. I am not sure if it is a Proscan issue or Windows Issue. I am leaning to Windows but that's me. This is happen on all 12 scanners except the SDS200 and that is coming over ip. I have tried all the setting in Proscan and Windows Mixer and cant get it to work. I have changed out and switch up all the scanners, wiring and sounds cards to rule out it being one thing. The only thing I cant change is Proscan and Windows 11 Pro. All my computer's have both of them. Any help would be grateful.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Is audio adjusted adequately via Audio Control > Recorder as shown below? You'll see the audio level indicator, ideally this should fluctuate from green to yellow but you never want it to go up to red otherwise your audio may sound distorted. You'll also want to make sure volume levels are adjusted adequately on the scanners themselves assuming you're using headphone output on the other 12 (non-SDS200?) scanners
1685299339523-png.142598

Attachments

• 1685299339523.png
    1685299339523.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 237

APEXNext

Premium Subscriber
Is audio adjusted adequately via Audio Control > Recorder as shown below? You'll see the audio level indicator, ideally this should fluctuate from green to yellow but you never want it to go up to red otherwise your audio may sound distorted. You'll also want to make sure volume levels are adjusted adequately on the scanners themselves assuming you're using headphone output on the other 12 (non-SDS200?) scanners
1685299339523-png.142598
Yes I have done all that and have seen small movement on the green and yellow bar. And all i get is very faint sound coming for the speakers. The audio on the scanners I have tried the record plug and the external speaker plug. On the external speaker plug volume has to be maxed out to get the faint audio on the speakers from the computer speakers and that's with the computer speakers turned all they way up.

TexTAC

Check the “gain” or “level” setting in Windows for whatever device you are using as the microphone input. Also make sure the volume on the radio is near max and adjust the gain/level on the microphone until the sound is not clipped.

Edited to add: Go to Windows Mixer and the “Recording” tab. Double click the device you are using for the microphone input. Click on the tab that says “Levels”. Slide it as high as possible until it starts to clip the audio and then back off a bit.

Last edited:

APEXNext

Premium Subscriber
Check the “gain” or “level” setting in Windows for whatever device you are using as the microphone input. Also make sure the volume on the radio is near max and adjust the gain/level on the microphone until the sound is not clipped.

Edited to add: Go to Windows Mixer and the “Recording” tab. Double click the device you are using for the microphone input. Click on the tab that says “Levels”. Slide it as high as possible until it starts to clip the audio and then back off a bit.
Yup I have tried that to and still no luck. Every setting I can is maxed out and still little to no audio.

TexTAC

The only other suggestion I can think of is to make sure your microphone/input device is not muted - either in the device settings or maybe there is a mute button on the keyboard. Good luck!

APEXNext

Premium Subscriber
The only other suggestion I can think of is to make sure your microphone/input device is not muted - either in the device settings or maybe there is a mute button on the keyboard. Good luck!
OK that I will have to look for. .It's something hopefully that's it.. LOL

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
RIght-click speaker icon on bottom right of screen by clock. Left-click "Sounds"
Click "Recording" tab. Choose your recording input & click "Properties"
Click "Levels" tab and make sure this slider is adjusted to an adequate level
1685307375682.png

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
APEXNext, Did this problem just started or have you just started using the Recording feature?
{edit} Are you using USB audio devices and if so, do they have level adjustments that works separately from the Win Mixer?
Can you go to the Win Mixer and see if the level looks okay. Level meter is on the right side like in this image.Untitled.png

Last edited:

TexTAC

You may also want to make sure you are using the correct audio cable for the devices you are using. 3.5mm audio cables can have plugs for mono, stereo, or stereo with mic devices that all look very similar.

APEXNext

Premium Subscriber
APEXNext, Did this problem just started or have you just started using the Recording feature?
{edit} Are you using USB audio devices and if so, do they have level adjustments that works separately from the Win Mixer?
Can you go to the Win Mixer and see if the level looks okay. Level meter is on the right side like in this image.View attachment 142603
I have used it in the past for a feed but had to get rid of it. I was trying to get it up and running again and now cant get the audio to work. I have looked at the audio device but only see little movement when the volume on the external speaker is totally turned up. I have tried 8 different sound cards, 2 computers and still have the issue. I have also tried 5- 780xlt,1-785d,1-bct15,1-pp6xt and 4 996p2 and i get the same results. I tried switch them all up to eliminate different points of failure. I been testing and retesting this over the last few weeks and I am at the point that it has come to Windows (which i am leaning to since no one else seems to have the same problem as I am having) or Proscan. But since I did not see the same problem that anyone has posted about in the search in the Forums i don't think its proscan.. I just don't know where else to look. So far everything I have seen that people said to check I have done so. So i am lost...

APEXNext

Premium Subscriber
You may also want to make sure you are using the correct audio cable for the devices you are using. 3.5mm audio cables can have plugs for mono, stereo, or stereo with mic devices that all look very similar.
All cables are 3.5mm stereo

APEXNext

Premium Subscriber
Did not find any mute turned on.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have looked at the audio device but only see little movement when the volume on the external speaker is totally turned up.
That's a clue so I would concentrate on that. I would first turn down the scanner volume to about 40% so you won't overdrive the audio input device. Check if your audio input devices has it's own software with audio level settings that can be adjusted. Double and tipple check your cables and settings. I say tipple check based on my experiences.

APEXNext

Premium Subscriber
That's a clue so I would concentrate on that. I would first turn down the scanner volume to about 40% so you won't overdrive the audio input device. Check if your audio input devices has it's own software with audio level settings that can be adjusted. Double and tipple check your cables and settings. I say tipple check based on my experiences.
OK I will give it a go tomorrow, spent to much time today on it.. Start with a fresh start.. Thank you!!!!

APEXNext

Premium Subscriber
So after 2 hrs of testing I have figured it. Out of 20 audio cables I have 4 of them does not work. No audio passing. Those 4 cables have been the ones I have been using to test everything out with all along. Who would of thought that all 4 cables are shot. So after pulling out the other 16 cables and all of them testing good with audio passing like normal I am up and running. Thank you everyone for your help!!!