Proscan - LCN Finder

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,
I'm trying to use the LCN Finder in Proscan with my SDS200 for a Cap+ system, when i run it, i see there are 2 channels found. How do i find out those 2 channels and the LCN?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Did the scan finish or no? If for example you have 5 frequencies in the site and the finder only found 2 out of 5 then you'd need to press FUNC then System to stop the scan and press "E" to store the found LCNs. If the finder finds LCNs for every frequency in the site it will tell you on the screen that it found all LCNs & to press "E" to store them

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, no the scan did not finish and I did not "press FUNC then System to stop the scan and press "E" to store the found LCNs". Now I know and will rescan again and do what you were kind to tell me. Thanks

Vincent

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I do not believe the LCN finder has anything to do with Proscan. The Cap+ system, is it very busy or slow? If slow, it can take a while to get all the LCN's.

Good video on LCN finder.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Dave, no the system is not busy, but its the weekend. Thanks for the video.
Even if you did save your initial results (LCNs), if you elect to run the LCN Finder again, the scanner will reset all LCNs on your system back to 0 (zero), no LCN. It won't retain the ones already found, instead starting over from the ground up. For the finder to work it's best, you need a moderate amount of activity. Too slow, and it may not use all of the LCNs. But if way too busy, you won't get an accurate response there either.

For when you do find several (hopefully all) of the LCNs, it's better to read the scanner back into Sentinel to capture the results. You can review them directly on the scanner, but basically, it takes multiple steps to get to the point where you can see the found LCNs. Much quicker & easier just to read the scanner back into software.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Wow, now another twist to the "LCN finder". First, thank you for the input, but I don't use Sentinel, I use ProScan and I connect with Lan. So far, clicking "func" only stops the scan for a few seconds and if I then click "e" I just get a "beep" with no popups to save, add or anything.
Great function, but a bit difficult to make it useful?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Wow, now another twist to the "LCN finder". First, thank you for the input, but I don't use Sentinel, I use ProScan and I connect with Lan. So far, clicking "func" only stops the scan for a few seconds and if I then click "e" I just get a "beep" with no popups to save, add or anything.
Great function, but a bit difficult to make it useful?
You can just read the results back into ProScan. Either ProScan or Sentinel will do; use whichever you prefer.

You don't need to hit <Func> first before resume, to get the 'Save' prompt. Simply hit the System key.
1699142098176.png
For menu actions where you do have to hit Func first, the display will indicate it (I forget the exact syntax, but here's the basic) "Func + Sys" for resume. (For the 436HP & 536HP, you do have to preface the System key with Function; on the SDS scanners, just the System key alone gets the option to save.)

For choices where the Function key is required, 'Function' will only be active for a few seconds. You'll see the F in the upper left corner of the display while it is engaged.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
thank you! Yes, the Func click did nothing. I will try this tomorrow when the system is more active. Thanks again. This is a truly great tool to have. i have a few Cap+ systems here in the Central Valley and a XTER.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
thank you! Yes, the Func click did nothing. I will try this tomorrow when the system is more active. Thanks again. This is a truly great tool to have. i have a few Cap+ systems here in the Central Valley and a XTER.
There a number of, so far, undocumented DMR systems in my area as well. Just about all of the local systems that were originally LTR, have converted to DMR.