ProScan Web Server Files Sometimes Won't Play

r6daddy

Good day!
Is anyone having problems playing files recorded by ProScan both on the PC and on an Android? I just upgraded from 22.7 to 22.8. Scanner is SDS200. I'm using the web server Serve Audio Stream and Serve Folders & Files. Both are password protected. Occasionally, I am unable to play the files. Selecting the file opens the streaming page and the play icon is greyed out. This occurs on a PC and Android device. Not all files in the folder experience this. Today, there is one that won't play and two others can be played. The file can be played by opening it in Windows explorer on the PC so I know it's not corrupted. I am the only one accessing the server so there may be a maximum of two client connections. I am enjoying ProScan very much except for that issue. Please let me know if you need more information.
Thanks!

r6daddy

Correct. If I open the file in an audio file editor (Audacity, Windows ver.) and export to an mp3 file with the same name in the ProScan recordings folder, the file can then be played through the Android app or Proscan URL on the Windows PC.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is it always the same file/s that's not playing back? If you refresh the browser and the grid loads up with files, then check if the same files are not playing back.
I'm thinking it could be filename that contains special characters that the HTTP protocol doesn't like.
Can you post one of the files here or post a link to your web server and point out a file that is not playing back.

r6daddy

Is it always the same file/s that's not playing back? If you refresh the browser and the grid loads up with files, then check if the same files are not playing back.
I'm thinking it could be filename that contains special characters that the HTTP protocol doesn't like.
Can you post one of the files here or post a link to your web server and point out a file that is not playing back.
No, it occurs randomly on different files. There are no problems playing the files on the Windows PC in File Explorer via the Windows media player. The problem occurs randomly when playing back through the web server app or the url to the web server on a Windows PC. The file won't play on other Android devices or Windows PCs via the web server url. Like I stated, if I import the file into the audio file editor (Audacity) and then export to an mp3 and overwrite the file in the ProScan recorder folder, it will then play through the ProScan server both on the Android app and Windows PC. Very strange. The file names are ProScan's format for the files. Most times, I can listen to the file through the web server and after audio is added, the file sometimes cannot be played. Is there a problem listening to the file while it is being written to perhaps causing corruption? I would think that if it gets corrupted, I could not play it using the Windows media player. I have a copy of a file that cannot be played through the web server and an exported copy of the same file that can be played. I do not want to post them on this forum. Can I send to you via DM or email?