ProScan: proscan web server

garlo

Premium Subscriber
i have everything working on my pc as i can see my scanner working on pro scan software now i am trying to use the web server feature so i did the port forwarding and set up the no-ip acc and it said its comminating with my port but for the life of me i cant get access to the scanner on the web i have tried using my cell and get nothing i have put in my web address with the : port number and still get nothing i must be missing something

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Two test you want to do using your cell phone

1. Test the Web Server from inside your network.
1a. Set your cell phone to use the WiFi data and not cell data then use a browser on your phone to see if it connects.

2. Test the Web Server from outside your network.
2a. Set your cell phone to use the cell data and not WiFi data then use a browser on your phone to see if it connects.

If #2 fails then use Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router for verifying the router Port Forwarding setup is correct.

garlo

Premium Subscriber
it said its connected and nothing is blocking it

garlo

Premium Subscriber
Two test you want to do using your cell phone

1. Test the Web Server from inside your network.
1a. Set your cell phone to use the WiFi data and not cell data then use a browser on your phone to see if it connects.

2. Test the Web Server from outside your network.
2a. Set your cell phone to use the cell data and not WiFi data then use a browser on your phone to see if it connects.

If #2 fails then use Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router for verifying the router Port Forwarding setup is correct.
rejected request from rfc1918 ip to public server
that's the message i get.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

I have never seen a error message like that. Is that a message on the browser on the cell phone?
Was it the #1 or #2 test that showed the error?

ndebaggis

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a port forward / NAT issue on the router. RFC1918 specifies the IPv4 "private" IP ranges used on internal networks. Those are not publicly routable on the Internet. You can also try this online port scan tool, IPV6 Scanner | Online Port Scan it says IPv6 but it will do the scan by FQDN, IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, whatever you punch in it will scan. You can pick a custom port as well.

garlo

Premium Subscriber
So I believe I got it to work but the only way I can view it is to add my port number at the end of the web address on pc and cell is that what your supposed to do ?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So I believe I got it to work but the only way I can view it is to add my port number at the end of the web address on pc and cell is that what your supposed to do ?
Yes. Without a port #, the default is used which is port 80 on http connections and port 443 on https connections.