PSR-400 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0QNB

A quick question probably not a quick answer, I am looking into buying a PSR400, and then perhaps some third party software, ok here are the questions I have,

Does any of the third party software have text logging capability?
for example on 155.130MHz is a public safety organization, will any of the software log that there is traffic, on that particular frequency, and save the data in a file for later review?

Do any of the third party programs have the capability to record audio and correlate it to such a log as above?

I am new to computer controlled scanning, and not sure of the capabilities or advantages of the equipment/software.

I have been using an old PRO-46 for 15+ years and it still works like it did when I bought it, but with my area government groups talking about using an 800 MHz trunking system, I need to upgrade, and a desktop unit will better for my "shack rack".

DonS

If you're looking for a GRE scanner to do what you want, the only current option is the PSR-500 (or its "base/mobile" brother the PSR-600). And the only software that will do the logging / recording is my Win500.

KC0QNB

I looked at that one Don, to high priced for me, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the BC898T, with scan control or uniden software will do what I want, for much less money.
So I guess I go Bearcat.
Thanks

n2mdk

You can do it with the BCT15 as well. I think it's a better scanner for the money. There are quite a few different software packages that will work with it to do what you want. They include BCTool and FreeScan which are both freeware.

KC0QNB

Thanks Jerri, I downloaded the manual to take a look at what the BCT15 can do, but I have been avoiding the beartracker stuff, mainly because those are features I just don't need, but the price is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.