PSR-500 Basic/Newb: Adding Instead of Replacing Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emoto

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

Total newb here,so assume nothing about my knowledge. I've been looking through threads and manuals to no avail. Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. Pointers to "How To" pages gleefully accepted.

I have managed to pull a number of conventional objects into List 1 with Win500:

( File > Web Import. Then: Scanner > Upload to Scanner )

They are selected PD and FD from Plymouth County, MA. (Plymouth County, Massachusetts (MA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference). I have also edited the text tags so I can tell which town I am hearing at any given time. I can't recall exactly what I pressed, but now when I power up the unit, it scans through the items I uploaded just fine.

The questions:

I would like to add more items to scan without losing the work I have done so far. Thinking in computer terms (which may be inappropriate here, I dunno) I would think that before uploading anything new to the scanner that I need to take some kind of saving action on what I have already uploaded, to "save" the existing scan list somewhere (in a V-Scanner Folder?) inside the scanner (?) and then pull new things in? Right now, if I upload, it seems to replace what I have (I think).

Or, if I simply assign the new objects to a different list number prior to uploading them to the scanner, will that prevent my existing stuff from being wiped out, or...?

The follow on is will whatever operations necessary to save and add new stuff be best performed with software, such as Win500 (or other) or with the buttons on the PSR-500 itself?

---

What I have not yet found is a task oriented manual that takes one step by step through performing common tasks. an "Idiot's Guide", if you will. :) Can anyone point me to one? I see really excellent efforts that describe in great detail (like here Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual) the bits and pieces, but I have so far failed to grasp how to string that detail together in actual usage. It may just be that I am a little slow at this sort of thing but any real basic instruction info would be greatly appreciated.

TES

Three easy steps:
  1. Download scanner contents to Win500 which creates new file
  2. Add additional items to this new file
  3. Upload the new file to the scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.