PSR 600 and Wilmington Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff302

N3GJB
Premium Subscriber
I finally installed an external antenna for my PSR 600 this afternoon. Until today, I was using a variety of whip antennas. My house is on the NE slope of a hill with a clear view up the river towards Philly. With the antenna, I am able to pick up all of the activity from Philadelphia FD, Delco, Salem County as well as the Delaware trunked system.. I was unable to receive WFD on my scanner unless I went down the street (actually up and over the crest of the hill) with my BCD396T.

With the external antenna, I now receive a strong signal (5 bars) when Wilmington FD sends out their alert tone. I do not receive any voice audio. As usual, as with computers, the solution is probably pretty simple although I am unable to figure it out.

I use PSREdit500 and ARC500 from Butel. Any suggestions?

Jeff

mikey60

I finally installed an external antenna for my PSR 600 this afternoon. Until today, I was using a variety of whip antennas. My house is on the NE slope of a hill with a clear view up the river towards Philly. With the antenna, I am able to pick up all of the activity from Philadelphia FD, Delco, Salem County as well as the Delaware trunked system.. I was unable to receive WFD on my scanner unless I went down the street (actually up and over the crest of the hill) with my BCD396T.

With the external antenna, I now receive a strong signal (5 bars) when Wilmington FD sends out their alert tone. I do not receive any voice audio. As usual, as with computers, the solution is probably pretty simple although I am unable to figure it out.

I use PSREdit500 and ARC500 from Butel. Any suggestions?

Jeff

If you're using a CTCSS tone or a DCS code, try turning that off and see if you hear it...

Mike

hai_akeeba

Jeff:

Can you define your location any further? Also what talk group are you listening to WFD? Also check that you have your audio set to digital not analog.

Jeff302

N3GJB
Premium Subscriber
WFD Reception Cleared Up

I receive WFD now on my PSR 600. As always, it was something simple.
Apparently the priority function was cutting off the signal quick enough when it scanned through all of the TG's and frequencies, it was over.

Thanks for all the helpful comments.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.