PSR 700 HELP NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHS1972

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to find out how to erase a scanlist without deleting every item individually. I'm sure it's a simple thing but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks in advance!!

ScannerSK

I see no one has replied.

As this is a GRE scanner, it appears what you are asking is how to unassign all objects from a specific scanlist?

In the old days some scanners allowed entire 'banks' of 'channels' to be erased/deleted. However, because GRE scanners use 'objects' that can be assigned to 'multiple' scanlists, we are dealing with something different. There is no way that I am aware of, using only the scanner, that a person can unassign or erase/delete all talkgroups from a specific scanlist other than one object at a time.

Software programs can accomplish what you are requesting. I use the Win500 program. In the Win500 program simply highlight all objects in the scanlist and then click on the scanlist number you no longer want the objects to be part of and they are all removed from that scanlist or press Alt + Delete and all the highlighted items are erased/deleted entirely from the scanner.

A software program sure saves time in many situations with these newer scanners!

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
I have the Pro-107 and when I delete multiple items simply using the shift click works. Just click on the first item then scroll down to the last item push shift and click the mouse, that should highlight all the items in the list and hit delete.

Rob
K2RJJ

WHS1972

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies.

Rob,
What program are you using to do this?

ScannerSK,
Where can I get Win500?

Thanks again.

In the old days it was just a matter of buying a new crystal for your scanner. Progress!

N8IAA

Thanks for the replies.

Rob,
What program are you using to do this?

ScannerSK,
Where can I get Win500?

Thanks again.

In the old days it was just a matter of buying a new crystal for your scanner. Progress!

The PSR-700 has its own EZScan software. The software allows you to do firmware updates (no longer unfortunately) and RR database updates to the scanner. It came with the scanner in the box. Win500 will only work with RS Pro106/197 and the GRE PSR-500/600 scanners.
Larry

WHS1972

Premium Subscriber
The PSR-700 has its own EZScan software. The software allows you to do firmware updates (no longer unfortunately) and RR database updates to the scanner. It came with the scanner in the box. Win500 will only work with RS Pro106/197 and the GRE PSR-500/600 scanners.
Larry

I have the EZScan software installed. Can I delete or edit an entire scanlist using this software? I haven't figured it out if I can.

Thanks!

glennwsb

700 EZ scan

Go into the EZ scan software...click on Scanlists: the second bottom tab on the left.. when it opens hit the down arrow up at the top left where it says Scanlists... go to the scanlist you want to edit.

All the way over on the right side are the choices. Left click on the channel you want remove or delete.
You can also add a frequency here. If you remove it, it is still in the data base.. if you delete it, its gone from the database. As I understand it.

I prefer to "unassign" them...on the same screen go to the far right column "scanlist and left click. Then un-check all the boxes. It pus the frequency in an unassigned object list.. that you can move around later.

Status
Not open for further replies.