PSR 800 DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
If you did the update on the psr800 for DMR you have to use the ezscan 1080 to program it and update it

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Another question.I did the whistler mod .I tried to do the DSP update,my computer says the scanner not connected.When I go into ezscan,do I go into the psr ezscan or the ws1080 ezscan.Also to do my sd card update for my programs,do I still use the psr or ws1080.Thanks

You need to install the ws1080 driver. get it from whistler for free, You use ezscan for the ws1080 you also get that from whistler for free.

bailly2

there is no dmr update for that scanner. its for a newer scanner. can listen to dmr by turning on the discriminator tap (goto settings then IF output, change it to HP, connect headphone jack to line in on computer and run dsd program. its not trunked mode but at least you can hear it

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Well I have a psr and have dmr on it so it is capable of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
there is no dmr update for that scanner. its for a newer scanner. can listen to dmr by turning on the discriminator tap (goto settings then IF output, change it to HP, connect headphone jack to line in on computer and run dsd program. its not trunked mode but at least you can hear it

DMR is achieved by using the unofficial upgrade to the firmware. Works with the Pro-668, psr-800 and pro-18

baboon53315

Premium Subscriber
Hello.I have gone to Whistlers website.Went to downloads and to ws1080 pc driver.Clicked onto it and there is no download to click.Very frustrating.The scanner powers up saying WHISTLER,works on my old scanlist.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello.I have gone to Whistlers website.Went to downloads and to ws1080 pc driver.Clicked onto it and there is no download to click.Very frustrating.The scanner powers up saying WHISTLER,works on my old scanlist.
Hello,

You need to "buy" it and checkout. It has a cost of 0.00 so no money is required.

73 Eric

car

I would appreciate someone sending me the FW 3.8 file....Thanks

baboon53315

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys.Downloaded the driver.I still can't update the DSP and can't update my SD card.My computer is still telling me the scanner is not connected.The only way I can update the SD card is through my card reader.Does the DSP need to be updated in order for the DMR systems to work?Everything else works fine,but still not hearing anything on DMR.

KA4MLK

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys.Downloaded the driver.I still can't update the DSP and can't update my SD card.My computer is still telling me the scanner is not connected.The only way I can update the SD card is through my card reader.Does the DSP need to be updated in order for the DMR systems to work?Everything else works fine,but still not hearing anything on DMR.

I'm sorta new at this, but I'll give it a shot. Use the GREFwToolWin0.2.0.3 to update the firmware. Use the WHISTLER EZScan software (NOT the PSR-800 EZScan) to check/upgrade the DSP. I think that ver 3.0 ithe latest. Also, you will need the WS-1080 .inf drivers for the computer to recognize the scanner once the FW is updated.

With the latest version of GREFw tool, you can download the latest FW from within the tool (I think 4.5 is the latest). I hope this helps.

Mike

longreach

Feed Provider
The upgrade is simple as use the FWTool put version 4.5 CPU in it. Upgrade the DSP to 3.0 and run the WS1080 ez scan. Download your old scanner files into the 1080 ez scan and your set. Done both my 800's in under 5 minutes a unit.
Pleased to say the digital decode is better and the DMR decode is a bonus. My TRX-1 is still the top dog though.

steelcty

I have a question, currently my PSR 800 is running the 3.8 whistler firmware and I want to put the 4.5 in it, do I select the WS1080 in scanner type in the GREF tool since it has the 3.8 in it. Just wanting to make sure so I don't screw up my radio

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
I have a question, currently my PSR 800 is running the 3.8 whistler firmware and I want to put the 4.5 in it, do I select the WS1080 in scanner type in the GREF tool since it has the 3.8 in it. Just wanting to make sure so I don't screw up my radio
Hello,

No, the scanner type always stays the actual hardware. It is the firmware type that is changed and stays WS1080 to put 4.5 on the scanner.

73 Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.